Hacking Weird error when running Backuploader

ABTU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I try running most of my burned games, I get this error from BackupLoader:
img0097yi9.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality, but it says DVD(a bunch of jumbled text). I get this error for nearly every game I've burned, the only working ones being Wii Music and Geometry Wars, and even those get this error sometimes. I'm pretty sure I've followed all the guidelines - what would be causing this error, and how do I fix it?

ABTU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't decipher much, but the second part it seems like it says "failed" and the overlapped text says "DVD"

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ANY DVD burner can burn Wii games.

To rip Wii ISOs, you will need an LG dvd drive.

You dont need an LG drive to burn wii games.

P.S.

Are you using DVD+Rs?

If you are, you have to set the booktype to "DVD-Rom"

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
ANY DVD burner can burn Wii games.

To rip Wii ISOs, you will need an LG dvd drive.

You dont need an LG drive to burn wii games.

P.S.

Are you using DVD+Rs?

If you are, you have to set the booktype to "DVD-Rom"
or use Waninkoko's dumper.

It says "Set Error:No DVD" and "Decrypt Failed"

You can try:
Checking to make sure the CIOS is installed properly.
Making sure you burn at a good speed (1-2.4x)
Making sure your brand isn't crap
Making sure you booktyped if it isn't a DVD-R.

agn015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could also be your drive is too old to burn a quality disc. I have this problem too for every game except the GHIII DLC edition I downloaded(which works flawlessly at a quality rating of 0% idk how). My drive is about 3 years old and when I run DVDinfopro I always get a quality rating of 0% and sometimes it won't even finish and instead immediately give me an unrecoverable read error. Tuesday I will try burning these games at work to see if it's my drive or if I'm just burning bad images. I'll let you know how it turns out.

GhostSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
1-2.4x is NOT a good burn speed.

Burn at the speed that is labeled on the disc.

If the disc says 16x, burn at 16x.

I have burned at 16x and have not had a single coaster.
I've heard far too many story's of discs becoming coasters from burning too fast. Hell I think it's worth a try. I burn all my disc's at 2.4x and they're labeled 16x. 16x is just the maximum the disc itself can possibly handle. (And DVD-R's tend to always be 16x)

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It was stated in another post by wiigator (too lazy to search for it) that this is caused by a bad cios install. reinstall the .3 cios or the read-retry, NOT the cios-fix, thats for .1 and i think were alot of people are going wrong

YellowYoYos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agn015 said:
It could also be your drive is too old to burn a quality disc. I have this problem too for every game except the GHIII DLC edition I downloaded(which works flawlessly at a quality rating of 0% idk how). My drive is about 3 years old and when I run DVDinfopro I always get a quality rating of 0% and sometimes it won't even finish and instead immediately give me an unrecoverable read error. Tuesday I will try burning these games at work to see if it's my drive or if I'm just burning bad images. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Maybe your drive firmware is updatable?

eliter1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
It was stated in another post by wiigator (too lazy to search for it) that this is caused by a bad cios install. reinstall the .3 cios or the read-retry, NOT the cios-fix, thats for .1 and i think were alot of people are going wrong

I have reinstalled the CIOS and have been getting the same problem. I simpy cannot get this thing to work on my Wii
wacko.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eliter1 said:
digitydogs said:

I have reinstalled the CIOS and have been getting the same problem. I simpy cannot get this thing to work on my Wii
wacko.gif

What discs are you using and what speed are you burning at ?
Where did you get the install files for the ios ?
Have you installed the Cios Read Retry fix ?

I believe this is a disc issue with the disc type you are using , but just want to make sure about everything else. There are other threads similar to this one with the answers in them only a few days ago - i tried to post it but it never went on the thread at the time so i dont have the link now.

brigada75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,

got the same error screen while running Harvest Moon: TOT (NTSC game on a PAL Wii).

then i installed the read_retry fix.

now the game works.

good luck : )

severednow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the same error. I've tried everything, ended up making about 6 coasters of different burn speeds. I uninstalled the cios using anytitle deleter and reinstalled it, still keep getting the same error. I've even tried different dvd-r's (both maxell and memorex). Any ideas?

agn015

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YellowYoYos said:
Maybe your drive firmware is updatable?
i updated my firmware and it didn't help but burning at work gave my burns a quality rating in the 90% range and they all run flawlessly now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0