Hacking Weird error on moonshell

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just got my r4ds and I went to the official site and downloaded the newest 1.15 files, and put them on my r4. It loads perfectly, and i can play games, but when I go to "applications" on the main menu, where moonshell loads, it does something funny. it scrolls through a bunch of files really fast and on the bottom DS screen it says something about an error, but all of this happens so fast that I cannot read it fast enough. It just loads my directory. Could it be that the 1.15 files on the r4ds site have a faulty moonshell? Or is this normal?

Kingwad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The error can be ignored, unless moonshell freezes and you can read it. That's the point of it. If it flies by so fast you can't read the error, the error doesn't apply. If it freezes so you can read it, then it applies.

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see. well my worry is that in the future when i try to use moonshell for something (i havent yet, i just got it) it may give me problems. but your probably right. thanks.

Rocky5

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you want it removed then downlaod the moonshell from cyclods web page they have removed the dumb error screen (you only need the .nds file).

also you dont need to patch the moonshll.nds as r4ds does this on the fly now.

CyborgLizard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. i downloaded cyclods moonshell and put that.nds file in both the moonshell and root directory of the drive.. error stil there...

also, what d you mean the r4 patches it on the fly?

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Rocky5

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
See the moonshell you downloaded from team cyclo web page rename Moonshell.nds its located in the moonshl folder to _DS_MSHL.NDS then put it in the root of your card and overwrite your old one now your done.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is it possible to load rom through moonshell?..

Only on a Supercard DS using their loader, which is a modified form of Moonshell 1.41.
Too bad all flash carts couldn't load the modified supercard moonshell version as a normal homebrew program. That would rock.
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif
nyanya.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."