Weird cia on my HomeMenu

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by A H4CK3RS L1F3, Jun 11, 2016.

1. A H4CK3RS L1F3
    OP

A H4CK3RS L1F3 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    So i have had this cia on my HomeMenu ever since i set up Rxtools a while back. I dunno where it came from, but its been there since. I now have A9LH installed and i am wondering what TF this cia is. It is a black cia with no discription on FBI or anything else. When i launch it, it just gets stuck in a bootloop on the nintendo 3DS screen. How do i get rid of it if i can?

2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    its a file that was installed to your nand when it shouldnt have been. look in your 3ds data management to see if you can delete it from there. if not, boot up fbi 2.0 and look in your nand for any title that should not be there and delete it.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  3. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Could you possibly provide pictures?

4. Elysium420

Elysium420 Shitposting bastard

Feb 10, 2016
    Greece
    Shitville
    What nero99 said. Just be careful not to delete anything important when using FBI.

5. Queno138

Queno138 Ravens

Sep 18, 2010
    Senegal
    Luigi's Dark Mansion
    Or, it's a game that you previously installed but did some type of nand restore, so while the data is still on your SD card, the value isn't in nand.
    (because after the nand restore, you probably didn't reinstall the cia)
    (and since the header isn't in nand, it may not be able to be seen via FBI)

Typically, reinstalling the CIA of the game that was there but not reinstalled during a nand restore, would change the black square to said playable game.

Anyhow, the other same situation is to go to your SD management and remove content that you aren't playing anymore.

Also, ensure you're on Luma ><

6. A H4CK3RS L1F3
    OP

A H4CK3RS L1F3 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 7, 2016
    United States
    Thanks guys i was able to find it a and delete it. It was bugging me.