Hacking Weird brick even after NAND restore

Hellz92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yesterday I was playing Project M with a couple of friends, the game was a little laggy so I decided to reboot the wii, it's set up to boot straight into homebrew channel so nothing seemed off yet, until I loaded up Configurable USB Loader and it was unable to detect my external harddrive, which before the reboot was working normally. After messing around a bit, I noticed the Wii is unable to load the menu at all it just goes to a black screen and freezes, have to hold the power button to turn the wii off. I had made a NAND backup when i first softmodded the Wii, so i decided to restore the NAND in the hopes that would fix it, but it didn't. I did notice in BootMii it said something like sysmenu version Unknown and some version numbers after that which I can't remember exactly now, after the nand restore it said 4.3e instead of unknown. I'm able to load up homebrew channel again, i can start up the CFG USB loader, but it is still unable to detect the harddrive. the Wii menu/system menu still gives a black screen and freezes.

Does anyone know if this is a hardware failure or if it is fixable?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try to load savemiifrii, or force standard recovery menu with priiloader hack. If recovery menu loads, then you likely have a bad bt module.

Hellz92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try to load savemiifrii, or force standard recovery menu with priiloader hack. If recovery menu loads, then you likely have a bad bt module.

Yeah i think it is a bad bt or wifi module, as everything works except the Wii System menu. Priiloader works fine, can still load homebrew channel or anything else from my SD. But, whenever an "official wii part" gets used it stops working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on