weight lose question

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by digipokemaster, Sep 17, 2012.

Sep 17, 2012

weight lose question by digipokemaster at 5:57 AM (1,295 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. digipokemaster
    OP

Member digipokemaster Innocent Uke

United States
    hi i have been trying to lose weight since last november so far i lost around 53lbs, maybe more. im still working on losing weight but i was curious if " the belly burner" would aid in my weightlose like help in shedding water weight off my stomach area maybe more then that. i do walk about 2hrs or so or doing excerise at home plus my work does keep me on my feet on moving around/ lifting/pulling/pushing/etc. i have done some research on it, it gotten mixed reviews but im wondering if it really works. im currently around 205-213lbs im not really sure where it at really

2. jonthedit

Member jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Bermuda
    Nope. Belly burners are bs.

All i can say is find something you enjoy doing.

I bike ride every week at least.

3. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I wish I had the drive to lose weight. I'm at 210, and the lowest I got to was 195. But then when things started getting slow at work, I went up to 210.

I don't have the drive to do hard exercises, it's sad. But yet when work is steady, it comes off like nothing. But I've never been able to get below 195, just way too damn hard.

4. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Do not waste your money, total bullshit, on top of that, "spot-weight loss" is a myth. It sucks, but it's the truth. Here are a few of my top pointers (I lost 90 lbs.) When exercising, correct breathing is EXTREMELY important to prevent muscle tension (google co2 muscles, too much or too little co2 circulating in your system will tire you out, a balance must be maintained.) Fuck what you heard, you need to breathe in AND OUT of your NOSE. Exhaling from your mouth creates net water loss in your system, here is some copypasta (I'm still studying this myself, I'm no health expert)

exhaling through the mouth tells the brain that carbon dioxide is lost too rapidly, which causes goblet cells to produce mucous, slowing the breathing and causing constriction of the arteries and blood vessels.

Among other reasons. If you have long term difficulty breathing through your nose, you might want to talk to a doctor. I didn't lose 90 lbs till I got a lifelong nasal blockage corrected.

2nd piece of advice, count calories, swear off fast food, get a dancepad and play stepmania (dance dance revolution.) That's how I flushed 90 lbs.

2 people like this.
  5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    I lost a good ~30 pounds in air force training, no diet crap. In fact I probably ate more per meal there than ever.

It was all the physical activity.

6. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    I wouldn't waste money on it, basically if it doesn't require effort then it's not worth it. Tried it myself over a year ago, followed the instructions exactly and not even half an inch was lost in a few months (there was supposed to be a notable difference after 2 weeks), had I just exercised for the half an hour required I would have been better off.

Just stick with what you're doing and it'll eventually go, it took several months but my belly has started to decline, I understand it's the hardest chunk to get rid of. All I do is jog twice a day for an hour and sit ups, plus drinking water when I feel peckish. I still have three good meals a day, sometime two depends on how I feel in the morning.

7. Lanlan

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    I lost like 50lbs from not having any food available for like a year :D

8. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    And then you regain like double of if once you start eating more again.

9. pyromaniac123
    This message by pyromaniac123 has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 7, 2016.
    Sep 17, 2012
  10. Ritsuki

Member Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    The only good way to lose weight is exercice and good alimentation (basically a healthy lifestyle). Don't eat too salty, too sweet, too much, eat vegetables, etc... And don't skip any meal. It's a common mistake to think that missing a meal = weight loss. It's actually the contrary.

11. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    You know the old mantra "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"?

12. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Lost 40 Kilo's last 4 months.
    Everyday walk about a hour.
    Never miss a meal, low fat, no sugar,low salt, lots of water.
    Eat as much veggies as I liked, except patatoes, pasta- use those sparengely, and have a save fallback ( apple ) in case it gets hard.
    Do not eat after 8 o'clock in the evening.
    You will loose about 5 - 10 KG a week.

13. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    1) Get a piece of exercise equipment that shows estimated calories burned
    2) Count the calories in everything you eat and drink
    3) Try to have both figures identical by the end of the day.

I've lost nearly 30lb in 9 weeks by doing this.

1 person likes this.
  14. Lanlan

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    Nope. I'm in the best shape of my life, the only weight I've put on since then has been muscle.

15. Tom

Member Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

United States
    Dude if I miss a meal I lose like 3 pounds, I'm skinny yeah

16. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    Best weight diet: Meat + vegetables combined with intense trainings. Don't drink anything besides plain water and you'll not only be losing weight like a boss but you'll be keeping them muscles aswell..

1 person likes this.
  17. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Not eating/eating less for a while makes your metabolism slow down.
    So most of the times, when you start eating again, you'd end up having more calories than you burn daily.

I guess you were one of the lucky few. :P

18. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Start a running routine and, gradually, set goals to better your previous running performances

19. Attila13

Member Attila13 Praise the Creep!

Romania
    Hi,
    Things that I suggest:

1.Don't skip meals and eat what you like (not too much but not too less) you don't necessary need to start a diet if you can control yourself and don't eat like for the whole family..
    2.After meals don't go and sleep, but go and walk a bit are anything that requires a bit of effort.
    3.If you need to get rid of the water or if you have water in excess in your body, then I'd suggest drinking Green tea instead of water.
    4.The most important is, make exercises. (here I let you chose what kind you want).

I'm talking from personal experience. I did the things above and I lost like 100lbs/45kg a year.
    I daily made bicycle exercises for a couple of hours and like 200km's/124miles. (Yeah, I have a fitness bike. :P)
    It's important that if you want to lose an average of 9lbs/4kg a month you need to burn like 1200 calories a day which will result in 2lbs/1kg a week.

I saw some previous posts for losing like 5-10kg/11-22/lbs a week, but trust me, that's not healthy at all. Too much weight loss in a short period of time can cause serious problems.

And finally you can mix up the type of exercises like do Aerobic (Cardio) one day the other some weight lifting if you want to make some muscles and when you're up to it do some Anaerobic (Hardcore training) and trust me, that you'll love your results. ;)

But all of these isn't important, the important thing to succeed all of the above you need determination, strong will power and the most important thing is to be optimistic and to never think of giving up.

20. Lanlan

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    Actually since then my metabolism has been on fire. I eat all the time now and burn it off almost immediately. Maybe I have a tapeworm...