Not open for further replies.

Thardus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I came across a guy selling Pi3 hardware, and cases, and SD cards with preloaded roms. I'm just curious how Sony, Nintendo, etc, aren't coming down hard on this guy. Do you think it's just a matter of time?

*modsnip*

Last edited by DinohScene,
Reactions: Shadow#1

Qawful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Atm they probably don't even know this guy exists. If he grows in popularity though surely he will get shutdown, although I don't see that happening with the prices he is charging.

zxr750j

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The games are probably all homebrew, otherwise this would be illegal...
Or he's targeting the people who've got the original games (all 15000 of them).

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The games are probably all homebrew, otherwise this would be illegal...
Or he's targeting the people who've got the original games (all 15000 of them).
Erm...I'd say it being illegal is the more probable reason, here. While there are some homebrew console roms out there, there is no way that there are 15'000 of 'em.

But even so that's a pretty large number, so I guess that includes NTSC, PAL and NTSC-J versions for most of these roms.

EDIT: for clarity: I think it's just a matter of time before this gets shot down.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Qawful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Erm...I'd say it being illegal is the more probable reason, here. While there are some homebrew console roms out there, there is no way that there are 15'000 of 'em.

But even so that's a pretty large number, so I guess that includes NTSC, PAL and NTSC-J versions for most of these roms.

EDIT: for clarity: I think it's just a matter of time before this gets shot down.

Yeah, definitely agree. No way these all are homebrew. There maybe a few but I bet it's a similar story to those 200 in 1 carts. Just duplicates over duplicates.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It will get shut down eventually, it's clearly piracy after all and with him being dumb enough to actually ask money for it, it means the money can be traced back to him physically, so even easier to arrest him:P

PS: Highly suggest you remove the link in the OP, while it's not "free warez" it's still a way that allows you to get pirated game so just to be safe simply mention it without the actual link instead...
Members may NOT ASK and MAY NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION or LINKS for and to places that provide ROM, WAD, ISO and CIA files in absolutely any way on our forum including PM (private message).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended