.webp is the most stupid, dumbass useless extension there is

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently experienced trying to open a wiki's image in full. The link had png in it so I just figured it'd work fine, but no, actually. It's a webp in the link the wiki gave me. I had to remove the end of the link, which is a bit (understatement) stupid.

Ultimately this would be solved with better support for the format but as it stands, this isn't great! Microsoft, Discord, websites, or whatever you wanna blame, it's a pain in the ass regardless.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
On Windows 10 pc, using Chrome, Almost all web sites, including here, it will download an actual PNG or JPG file for me, using that method... try it ...but yes sometimes won't work.... I'm just saying works for me most of the time. :grog:
I guess you mean changing the file extension in the URL before saving, that's what I do when faced with the dumb shitty annoying webp files from the hosting site used by some people in the meme box & funny pictures thread.

Reactions: BigOnYa

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
On Windows 10 pc, using Chrome, Almost all web sites, including here, it will download an actual PNG or JPG file for me, using that method... try it ...but yes sometimes won't work.... I'm just saying works for me most of the time. :grog:
Screenshot 2023-02-20 01.26.47.png

That's not a PNG.

Screenshot 2023-02-20 01.28.45.png

This is a PNG saved with "Save WebP as" (see how it says PNG in the start)

I use Firefox. In Chrome, it actually saves as a png by default. Not sure why that is, but I guess that would explain why you are getting pngs.
Post automatically merged:

Wow, can't believe it was that easy.
I went to about:config in FF, searched for webp, and toggled image.webp.enabled to false. Now I'm getting PNGs instead. Happy days :D
So there's your solution, @caipora

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
  • Haha
Reactions: caipora and BigOnYa

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
View attachment 354360
That's not a PNG.

View attachment 354361
This is a PNG saved with "Save WebP as" (see how it says PNG in the start)

I use Firefox. In Chrome, it actually saves as a png by default. Not sure why that is, but I guess that would explain why you are getting pngs.
Post automatically merged:

Wow, can't believe it was that easy.
I went to about:config in FF, searched for webp, and toggled image.webp.enabled to false. Now I'm getting PNGs instead. Happy days :D
So there's your solution, @caipora
[/
Yeah the solution is probably here in your answer yes
... Somewhere

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended