WebMasters and Tempers HELP

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by gizmo_gal, May 21, 2009.

May 21, 2009

WebMasters and Tempers HELP by gizmo_gal at 3:47 PM (1,003 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. gizmo_gal
    OP

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    Hi Gals and Guys, sorry I've not been around too much. School is almost over. I have 7 days left (only 3 of which are school days) my teacher is a little too happy about the fact that I might not finish on time for comfort...

Anyway, I need to find about 5 webhosts.

I'm a Web Design student and my final exam project is to make a website for someone in my community. I've chosen a petshop and a daycare in the area. I've got interviews set up with them, I actually have a meeting with the owner of the petshop today after lunch.

I have to do the site for free, but I need to be able to recommend some hosting services to the folks.

I just need names and plans.

The petshop, wont need a lot of storage or space. I'm thinking it'll be a 10 page site, its a small, locally owned business, not a chain or franchise or anything like that, so its not likely to have a TON of visitors. Maybe a couple of hundred hits a year, if its luckly.

Can you guys help by recomending me some reliable hosting services. I had made a list of them a while back but I lost them and I cant find them. I have 2 big projects to do today and dont have time right now to hunt them back down.

I think a good price would be around 50 USD a year for the domain and hosting. It shouldn't need unlimited storage, or anything like that.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

2. Blood Fetish

Member Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

United States
  3. david432111

Member david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    NOOOO!!!! They have the WORST customer service EVER! Just read these reviews, in addition to that I used to have my own host and was a member of a few large webhost communities and 1&1 wasn't very popular there either. I would recommend Dreamhost or Hostgator, they're both pretty decent.

4. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    NearlyFreeSpeech is excellent for low traffic sites, since you pay by data served. I used to have a blog hosted by them which cost me somewhere under $2 in the year it was up.

5. Blood Fetish

Member Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

United States
    That is news to me. I am a charter member with 1&1 and never had an issue. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

6. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    Well, I have a refferer link to them but:
    http://free.antoligy.com
    without refferer:
    http://000webhost.com

also, I'd recomend these people:
    http://x10hosting.com

x10hosting isn't as impressive, but they're both brilliant.
    I'm in the process of moving my entire site to 000webhost, cause my current host have stopped repairing and fixing issues.