Web Browser Expansion GBA-capable

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ismaboof, Oct 15, 2007.

Oct 15, 2007
  1. ismaboof
    OP

Newcomer ismaboof Advanced Member

Canada
    If I were to buy the Opera Web browser would I be able to incorporate the slot 2 ram expansion for my r4? Would it be able to run any GBA game?
    If not, what is the best slot 2 expansion for playing gba games?

Thanks

2. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    The ram cart might be able to be used by some homebrew (I believe DS Linux can use it) but for the most part, it's useless for anything but Opera on the DS.

However, the 3-in-1 carts that you see out there contain both rumber, ram pack and the ability to load a gba rom. Not a bad deal. You can find the EZFlash 3-in-1 cart at DealExtreme among other place.

3. MacGnG

Member MacGnG GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i just ordered one last week! so i'll tell u how it goes [​IMG]

4. ismaboof
    OP

Newcomer ismaboof Advanced Member

Canada
    Hmm, about the EZ 3 in 1:

1) It says it saves on the slot 2 cart. Does that mean I can only play one game at a time without resetting the save?

2) How fast would deal extreme ship to Canada? Also is DX a reliable site? I've had bad luck lately.

3) Do the GBA games sit on my r4 or the EZ?

Thanks alot

5. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    1) There are two modes to run GBA roms with the EZF3in1.

PSRAM, which loads the game temporarily into the EZF's RAM (where it remains only until you turn your DS off). Save files are saved automatically by file name, so you can switch between ROMs in this mode as much as you want without any issues. This is considerably faster than the other mode, NORflash.

When using NORflash mode, the game is written to the ROM portion of the cart. The two benefits of this are that is supports the few games that are 32mb (whereas PSRAM mode only supports up to 16mb), and that the game remains on the EZF until a new game is written over it. These saves must be backed up manually.

2) I'd say between 2-3 weeks.

3) The R4's MicroSD.