ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
So I just got the chrome store web apps for two of the apps I use on the web. Those two are Tweetdeck and AirDroid. My thing is the chrome app and the webpage are the same thing...but both suggested I get the chrome app. Is it suppose to use less memory or something....whats the difference.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope, there is little point in (current) Chrome apps, they are generally nothing more than links to a website, glorified bookmarks if you will. A few have offline capabilities (which I think require the app to be installed to work), but for sites which are intrinsically online apps (e.g. TweetDeck and AirDroid, both pretty useless offline), that's not a selling point.

However there are "packaged apps" which are more like full apps; they run in their own window and look more "native" and work completely offline. There are a couple in the Chrome Store, and more will be coming in the future. When they do, the current "apps" will be relegated to a "websites" section (so you'll be able to "install" websites, if for some strange reason that doesn't seem pointlessly redundant to you...).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte