teen programer
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello,
Just want to say how angry i am that square is not making the game for wii u. I loved kingdom hearts 3d and seeing that game on the 3ds made me believe that kingdom hearts 3 would come to the wii u. i want kingdom hearts 3 on the wii u and we gotta make our voices heard. i know that i am not alone on this and hopefully those people who feel the same way i do will sign this petition like i did: http://www.change.org/petitions/squ...-to-the-wiiu-alongside-the-ps4-and-xbox-one-3
By the way i did not start the petition so yea...

Reactions: Duo8 and MAXLEMPIRA

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with porting Kingdom Hearts 3 is a matter of the Wii U lacking the DirectX 11 API, so porting it would require an extensive rewrite of code. Not saying it's impossible, but it's gonna be difficult to convince them to port it over.

fidrocka

teen programer
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with porting Kingdom Hearts 3 is a matter of the Wii U lacking the DirectX 11 API, so porting it would require an extensive rewrite of code. Not saying it's impossible, but it's gonna be difficult to convince them to port it over.

Hence the petition was started so that square can see how many people want this. I'm sure that if they see enough demand on the platform they would have more interest in making it for the wii u. Not only that but there would be more profits for them if they spread the franchise too more people.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did Square bring Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 to Xbox? Xbox 360? GameCube? Wii?

How about Chained Memory? First with GBA, then it goes to PS2.

So I don't know why people are so upset about it. If it comes to Wii U, great. If not, so what?

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did Square bring Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 to Xbox? Xbox 360? GameCube? Wii?

How about Chained Memory? First with GBA, then it goes to PS2.

So I don't know why people are so upset about it. If it comes to Wii U, great. If not, so what?

I personally never got into the KH series, but Final Fantasy (I through X) I enjoy :P If it comes, great, if not, oh well. At least Square has a legit reason not to.

fidrocka

teen programer
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what? it is now coming to xbox one thats what no game has ever even been produced from the kingdom hearts franchise for a microsoft console. they have at least had 3 games produced on the nintendo side.
kingdom hearts chain of memories
kingdom hearts 358/2 days
kingdom hearts dream drop distance 3d

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what? it is now coming to xbox one thats what no game has ever even been produced from the kingdom hearts franchise for a microsoft console. they have at least had 3 games produced on the nintendo side.
kingdom hearts chain of memories
kingdom hearts 358/2 days
kingdom hearts dream drop distance 3d

Again, it has to do with API compatibility. DirectX11 isn't on the Wii U, but if Square really wanted to, they could, but it's not likely because a lot would have to be rewritten. Visually, DX11 doesn't look too different from 10 or 10.1, but it behaves more efficiently, has a lot of under-the-hood stuff DX10 doesn't.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is a massive waste of time, Squeenix won't invest the time and the money to change most of the game just so it can be on a console they consider already dead.

fidrocka

teen programer
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, it has to do with API compatibility. DirectX11 isn't on the Wii U, but if Square really wanted to, they could, but it's not likely because a lot would have to be rewritten. Visually, DX11 doesn't look too different from 10 or 10.1, but it behaves more efficiently, has a lot of under-the-hood stuff DX10 doesn't.

i am aware of that, that is why i made this thread asking people to sign the petition. This hopefully will make square want to make it for wii u even if they will have to do the porting. Plus there is not much to port they did admit that they may have teased the game to early due to where there at.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, if their recent "remaster" of Final Fantasy VII on Steam is any indication, I wouldn't be surprised.

I wouldn't call that a remaster, the only thing they did is change the models without even changing anything else, whoop-de-freaking-do. And adding a game to a platform it already was on is hardly an accomplishment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: