We want ANSWERS! NOW and not later!

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by MisterPantsEyes, Apr 9, 2015.

1. MisterPantsEyes
    OP

MisterPantsEyes GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2015
    Laos
    Dear Gateway Team, you may not know me, but I know you. I'm the guy who bought your product, the guy who supported you, the guy who gave you money. But now, I am still waiting for the newest FW Update, but you guys seem not to deliver. Yeah I know, we all should be patient, right? Haha no, god damn, no! It's been WEEKS! Gateway, do you know how long we're waiting for this? Do you know for how long we can't access the eShop? Do you know, for how long we've been staying on 9.5? Do you know that Gateway, do you?

- A Gateway User

Margen67 likes this.

2. kutteke

kutteke GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2014
    Belgium
    Why would you need to access the eshop? the game updates for online gaming are out in the wild and you can install them as cia's.

3. Greatforce

Greatforce GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2010
    Netherlands
    Nice rant, if only they read it :P

Margen67 likes this.
  4. NicEXE

NicEXE GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2009
    Cyprus
    I personally don't really care about how late will 9.6 or newer support for emunand will come. I am using a 9.5 emunand and do anything I want. If a new game update is required to get me online I can just manually download and install it using the proper CIA file. The only thing I can't do is legitimately download updates and purchase stuff from the eshop but I don't mind waiting.

If you still want an answer right now here is one I came up with: "shit takes time to make it work with N3DS"

Margen67 likes this.
  5. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Just wait.

[​IMG]

6. Danjal

Danjal GBAtemp Fan

Nov 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    You've been waiting *weeks* on something that they probably did not even announce or gave a timeframe for.

Seems to me you jumped on the wrong ship.
    But... All is not lost. If you think this approach works, I recommend you send Sony an email aswell complaining that you bought their product and they STILL have not released the PS5, you've been waiting *WEEKS* on it and its still not there. You gave them money, and for what?! They didn't even release the PS5 like you expected them to!

Depravo likes this.
  7. dela

dela Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2014
    Italy
    Cagliari
    Dear user gateway, certainly not speaking on behalf of the team gateway, but if I am not mistaken, it was never committed to issue fixed or updates. From what I could tell they could wash their hands from today to tomorrow. leaving all users with a card no longer supported by their team; what already happened in the world "ds". Buy at these prices a card is at your own risk (with the same time you buy a second hand console to update), if you are willing the team supports you until the end of the activity of the console updates. on the contrary you may find yourself with two containers for micro sd

Margen67 likes this.
  8. Leslie White

Leslie White GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    France
    Paris
    With online playing on GW9.5 emunand, is there any risk to get the update nag ? Or is this risk only present if my 3ds is in sleep mode while connected to the internet ?

9. bytor

bytor GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2008
    I suspect they're waiting for the update on the 16th next week. Give it a couple of weeks after that and then start complaining lol

10. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You can still get the update nag as long as you are on the home menu and possibly in games as well, unless you turn wifi off or block the update servers in your router or with a proxy/dns server. The dns server route might be the best, you can use opendns to permanently block it anywhere you are as long as you remember to set the dns servers on every wifi connection you add.

11. Sorox

Sorox Master Firo Soul

Jul 8, 2008
    United States
    >addresses gateway
    >Doesnt use gateway official forums
    >Doesnt e-mail gateway using their official e-mail

stop assuming gateway reads gbatemp. Do they? Maybe, but youre 100% more likely to get a response from gateway via their official channels, not ranting here.
    And at least you can play games on a new firmware. We used to be stuck to 4.x only, so stop acting like its a big deal -_-
    Someone /thread

Margen67, 2Hack and ztoben like this.
  12. ManBeaPig

ManBeaPig Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2015
    I'm just going to chime in here and say this - If you're wanting to use the E-Shop for legitimate games that you've bought then just use official firmware.

What do you expect to happen? Clearly, Nintendo is going to do everything within their power to stomp on Gateway/Sky3DS/Insert piracy enabling chip here.

13. DragonSky

DragonSky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 27, 2010
    Belgium
    Don't like your signature :P.

14. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Seriously, how long have you been waiting since 9.6 came out? NOT EVEN ONE MONTH!
    You didn't research properly if you expected them to give you updates very fast. Sometimes they are fast but sometimes they need serveral months to update. Even the initial release was delayed for 3 months.
    In addition to that, you can't trust any flashcard team 100% that they will release an update. Look at the DS-Xtreme: it cost 120$ and lost support within 2 years - Gateway already survived longer.

15. MrJason005

MrJason005 √2

Nov 26, 2014
    Greece
    Κάπου
    I waited MONTHS! Calm your tits...

Margen67 likes this.
  16. Intronaut

Intronaut An star maker

Nov 18, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    "It's around the corner" - Waitwait team

Margen67 likes this.
  17. mikeylevi

mikeylevi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2014
    United States
    If you bought a gateway you obviously don't care about piracy so just pirate whatever you want off the eshop, seriously. You can't expect them to have everything out right away, it's an unofficial (and probably illegal) modifications.

And always; do it yourself™

Margen67 likes this.
  18. keyra

keyra Spoderman self proclamed fan

Dec 23, 2008
    France
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Margen67 likes this.
  19. Nephiel

Nephiel Artificer

Nov 3, 2002
    I wish. It'd be nice if they quit and released their code so the scene can have a go at it.

Margen67 likes this.
  20. Wildblood

Wildblood Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    Greece
    Wow, I guess even pirates feel privileged these days. Here's a thought! Go to your local police station and file a complaint. Tell them your God-given rights to pirate hassle-free are being violated and you demand justice. That'll teach them a lesson!

Herobroski likes this.