We Should...

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Latin Thug, Jun 30, 2004.

Jun 30, 2004

We Should... by Latin Thug at 1:20 AM (982 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Latin Thug
    OP

Newcomer Latin Thug Member

Puerto Rico
    We should have game of the week or something like that, Maybe hold a poll at the week to decide the GoTW. What do you think?

2. Dragonlord

Member Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue

Switzerland
    not bad but for each week is a bit heavy. once a month would be enough i think.

3. Quantum

Member Quantum GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, I agree with Dragonlord. Chances are, with them once a week, they will get too tedious and probably get combined with next week or so. Once a month would be perfect, all we need now are some decent releases, since there's not enough good ones right now. I remember back in the day when almost every release was a good one. Gosh, I miss those...

4. Xanthious

Member Xanthious Scratch & Sniff

United States
    Yeah there isnt a whole lot to get excited about right now unless your a MMBN fan. Im not saddly but I think Im in the minority. I think a Game of the Month would be a great idea. It might freshen things up and add some new excitement to the boards. Weekly though would be a slight too often seeing as some weeks go by and the most impressive thing we get is a silly pokemon video. I vote for a Game of the Month

5. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    A game of the month poll would be an interesting addition, provided it used only the "releases" of that particular month. It might help people with limited bandwith decide which games they'd like to play.

6. phuzzz

Former Staff phuzzz Hooha!

United States
    We've done that quite a while ago. Can't remember if it was dice or shaunj66 that was runing it. I think it died out when we updated the forum a while back.

7. Latin Thug
    OP

Newcomer Latin Thug Member

Puerto Rico
    That's why i said "or something like that" [​IMG]

8. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

using the releases of the current month is an excellent idea!
    we'll have to discuss this with the staff

9. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    Oh that was me who did that. Lemme do it I have plenty of spare time what with school being nearly over. Unless the mods think otherwise.

[edit]
    what I actually did was do a game of the week poll where the top two from each week would go into the monthy poll for game of the month. The top 1 or 2 (don't remember) would then automatically be put into the game of the year poll along with those from the following months. I stopped this because of the lack of votes I was recieving (I got between 15-20 each poll, I expected AT LEAST double this and felt that I was wasting my time by doing this so I stopped it earlier in the year.) Some did say that they actually didn't know this existed but if more peeps vote and leave a small comment (such as why they picked this game or on the list in general) then I'll be willing to do it.