We need to do something to stop vandalism of the Wiki.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to integrate the forum accounts with the Wiki and then only allow registered users to edit?

If not can we please restrict edits of the Wiki to only registered users who have verified their email?

In only the past 24 hours the Wiki has been vandalized at least 7 times by the following IP addresses

208.53.147.44 67.159.44.24 66.55.138.71 174.36.135.82 195.47.247.146 74.86.80.50 205.188.117.18

Someone decided that hosting a compatibility Wiki should be done on a personal web site http://maschell.de/mediawiki-1.6.10/index.php/Main_Page and those users are continually erasing text from this site in order to force our users to leave.

This thread shows where some of the drama started http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=107463

Thanks for your time and hope we can solve this

ciper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although this is not the problem at hand I want to express my thoughts on the matter -

In my opinion we should keep this hosted on a well known stable site with a good track record (GBATemp or another) because we can't trust that users site to not go down at a later time and all the data would be lost.
What if his host decides he's using too much bandwith?
What if he gets sick and can't maintain the site?
What if he gets tired of the Wii and decides not to host it any longer?
There are too many "what ifs" that make hosting the information on his personal website a bad choice.

I would go as far to ask the moderators to censor that link from threads and his signature since he is essentially hijacking/redirecting users from GBATemp for his own personal gain. The "official" threads regarding the backup launchers already link to the GBATemp Wiki and this additional site has inconsistent information with ours which just confuses our users. It is a disservice to our community to allow this person to continue disrupting our discussions.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm actually way ahead of you. After one of your recent PMs I protected the page, registered users only, and banned the IP addresses in question from editing the wiki. I'm closing this topic, however, as I think it may cause more issues than it solves. Contact me via PM if there are any more issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte