Suggestion we need a way to unbanned

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by yeniel, Jun 23, 2018.

1. WiikeyHacker

WiikeyHacker Natsumi Naga

Aug 6, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya
    I don't want to sound like a douche but the response to that is easy. Don't hack your system pretty easy if you ask me people need to wait until a console is no longer getting support before they hack /mod it because if they do it early like most people are of course you're going to get banned.

2. TechDark

TechDark Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2018
    Norway
    weird... I have used LayeredFS before without clearing any log at all and I am still not banned

3. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    the server has to be hacked for you to be unbanned. Just get a second switch to play online games....
    Use the hacked one for emulations piracy , etc.

4. WiikeyHacker

WiikeyHacker Natsumi Naga

Aug 6, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya
    give it time nintendo will

5. Neutral0

Neutral0 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2018
    Spain
    We can't change the id of the console to unban? I think I read something like that on ps3, but I'm not sure. Correct me if I'm wrong

6. der:Tom

der:Tom GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2008
    Austria
    No we don´t need a way to unbann! People which are are banned for a reason, if you want to play online buy a second switch and stay away from CFW but don´t demand a way to use you hacked console online, sooner or later this will destroy every online mulitplayer game on that system.

IpponDatara likes this.
  7. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    One day you will probably be able to buy an unbanned switch, dump the id & throw the console away & then use the id to unban your banned console. But unless the donor switch is broken in some way, then all you've done is bought another switch.

8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Yes, it's called don't go online with a modded console and/or with a "backup". You knew the risks, and there's not a damn thing that you can do about it other than living with your mistakes. Or get a second Switch.

9. Neutral0

Neutral0 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2018
    Spain
    If someday we can get this, then it will be possible too to generate ids but for now is a bad idea

10. viral777

viral777 mecha connoisseur

Oct 19, 2009
    United States
    there are only system bans correct and not account bans? If i just keep my switch offline forever I should be fine i'd assume.

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Correct. Nintendo rarely ever bans the account associated with the device. These are reserved for more serious offences such as playing a game online before release data (e.g. Pokemon Sun/Moon)

12. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Best way to get unbanned is to buy a brand new Switch :)...

Maybe some day, someone could find a way to unban, but most likely would still require info from other legit non banned console like it's cert... which won't help much.

Unless they could find a way to do it in a complete different way, but nothing is known and even if some crap like that happens it will probably remain private...

13. Wierd_w

Wierd_w GBAtemp Fan

May 12, 2018
    United States

No, As has been stated many times, what a "Ban" is, is being added to a blacklist file stored on nintendo's server farm. To "Unbanned!" your console, your console's unique ID would have to be removed from that blacklist. So, unless you decide that you are going to graduate from "I only hack my own shit" to federal, ass-hammering penitentiary level black hattery, you are not gonna "Find a way to unban" a banned switch.

End of discussion, game over, no do overs, that's all she wrote, the fat lady has sung.

Dominator211 likes this.
  14. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    The use a valid and unbanned cert from another device, as quoted in the thing you quoted, would be a valid path, and it is one that has been used on many occasions for decades now. While the hidden security section of the Switch poses an issue it does not seem to be an insurmountable one (its computational ability is sharply limited and its effects are predictable), as such kicking it to user controllable areas like some of the calculating DRM bypasses seems viable.

Finding other certs might be annoying (I am not seeing anything like the ability to buy a stack of read ring boards like the 360 that could be recovered for long enough to extract keys just yet) but there are often ways to share keys between things, or take those from those which did not care about online (especially if it is paid and especially if there is to be a third party alternative).

15. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    No.
    If you want to play online, then don't be a pirate.

16. g00s3y

g00s3y Asshole

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    FL
    Maybe if you don't want to get banned, don't do illegal shit... Pretty simple.

17. andeers

andeers GBAtemp Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Cote d'Ivoire
    "We"?

PS: I'll be back when I'm banned to support you.

Last edited by andeers, Oct 6, 2018
  18. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    unbanning is impossible only way to unban would be to swap your cert with an unbanned one which would take another console

19. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    tbh they should only ban people that hack online.

20. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    wait what that doesnt make sense you are saying you want people to still be able to download from there servers when using a hacked console

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted