Suggestion we need a way to unbanned

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by yeniel, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    hmm emunand cant be updated to 6.2 normally?
    why

2. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2014
    Italy
    You can but you will lose sleep mode.

3. mixelpixx

mixelpixx GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    y0uR m0mz b0x
    Anyone know how the BAN works? Its obviously based off of a UID on your device. Serial #, MAC Address, or Some hardware config x MAC x Serial (over simplifying it) --

That being said.. Has anyone tried to change the MAC address and connect? Where is the serial stored? Is it in an OTP area?

What are we missing from the Switch stopping from having COMPLETE control over unit? Should be able to look (log) data of two identical (similar anyway) game consoles connection to nendy, with same game -- the differences might show you the unique data that is being xmitted to them, then get to spoofing it

4. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    They ban your certificate. This is a server side ban, black-listing, of your tls-cert that's console unique. You'd have to gain control of their servers to change this/unban a cert.

We've known this is possible for over a year, the issue is that its not actually a solution to being banned because donor certs have to come from somewhere, cannot be redundant, and... mean you're trusting someone else with your cert to not get banned, but if they were already stupid enough to get banned once then chances are they're just going to get banned again. It also opens up even more reason for people to create cert-stealing code as has already happened, and potentially start selling stolen certs.

Its an all around dumb idea.

5. mixelpixx

Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    y0uR m0mz b0x
    So no incite into how the certs are generated in the first place? where stored? not stored on device? its nintend0, sure they didn't just put it on an unencrypted prom out in the open?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
  7. mixelpixx

Aug 10, 2014
    United States
    y0uR m0mz b0x
    nice. thanks for showing me that. I am on the road so i get about 4hrs a week to ask questions before its back to work. using a feather m0 express. Have been trying to see what tools are available and current, and see what shakes out of this 6.2.x update. I assume pastebin will have all the needed no-no naughty numbers i need?

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Everything except the single most important key which is Nintendo's personal 2,048 character signing key. And it cannot be found on the console nor on their servers so good luck with looking something hundreds if not thousands of hackers have already perused through multiple times.

9. Scitzo

Scitzo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2018
    United States
    Drax is right, just let this thread die... short of an astronomically rare breakthrough, unbanning isnt going to happen with nintendos current server side cert process. The best we can hope for is cert emulation, and even then its a pointless cat and mouse game to the ends of eternity, aka pointless.

N learned their lesson with the 3ds generation, and switch is a cash cow, one theyre going to lean on the architecture of online play of for future generations. If you want online play, read how to properly utilize emunand, especially when a more thorough solution such as thermosphere becomes finalized, or buy a second switch for online, like many of us.

10. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom

We have had plenty of other devices where certificate swapping/emulation is a thing and if a proof of concept of that has already been done (might have to update the OP there) then yeah.

While we are not quite in the same scenario as the xbox 360 when it was kicking off (loads of red ring boards you could buy by the dozen for next to nothing to bring back for 5 minutes and get the key from, easy enough hacks to do it, fairly low second hand prices to begin with), or indeed the 3ds where things could almost be shared publicly, I can see people being able to find valid certs and use those. Attempting to shut down discussion with both a proof of concept and a relative ease of obtaining certs would be an odd thing to do given we are about the hacks around here.

mixelpixx likes this.
  11. WiikeyHacker

WiikeyHacker Natsumi Naga

Aug 6, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya
    modding to play online is a big hell no it ruins the game for actual players that earn what they get and not mod to get op by un-natural means i already reported 12 hackers in splatoon 2 and i don't intend to stop doing so.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nintendo is on a roll with the ban wave and frankly I applaud them for it you mod to get what you want when you are not meant to it serves you right, if it was meant to happen it will. So until then be patient and don't be a idiot

12. luan43

luan43 GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2010
    Guess if we send our switch to nintendo saying sorry and promising not to be bad boys again they wont believe us and unban us i assume?

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    My money is on no but hypothetically if they did, they can just send you back a patched unit meaning no more CFW/homebrew for you.

14. luan43

luan43 GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2010
    Well if they did unban me and give me back a patched unit i wouldnt mind.

15. midstor

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    Really? Fuckin hell ReiNX gets people banned too ya know?!

16. WiikeyHacker

WiikeyHacker Natsumi Naga

Aug 6, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya
    any custom firmware on the switch is a bad idea and going to get you banned so best idea is to not do it save your self the money on buying a new console.

17. Biff627

Biff627 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 15, 2015
    United States
    Dont use cfw. There no ban

18. mowsie

mowsie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2018
    United States
    better save for the child petting zoo instead

Last edited by mowsie, Dec 27, 2018
  19. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Um, what? I don't get it.

20. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    There is a way to urban safely . It costs 300 bux.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted