Hacking Discussion we need a good cfw and community

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright it seems everyone else has torn not only OP but his supposed call for goodwill so lemme have a crack at point-per-point.
switch hacking scene sucks

- Atmosphere: had drama and some of their major developers left the team, delay after delay, nothing for end-user, totally dictatorial and they ban you for shitty reasons
Nothing was ever delayed because there was never a release date. Plus, this is something that these people are making in their free time at no extra cost to the community. They don't even take donations. This just sounds like pure entitlement to me. Although the Discord Server is not the most friendliest of places, on the other hand most people don't actually read and/or listen to the rules which you must read before joining.
- RajNX: it's atmosphere with sig patches for trolling reinx, totally worthless
Well, this did add the "signature patches" for everyone to play their totally 100% legal backups with on Atmosphere. Now Atmosphere doesn't have to be forked for it to enable backup launching. But I agree that it is for the most part worthless (and not even a real CFW).
- ReiNX: some of script kiddies gathered together and wrote a bootloader with atmosphere sysmodules and named it a cfw, the community is just full of trolls or memes, many of them are under 18, they can't even have a proper release and you'll see lots of sdfiles everywhere without even a version number, their help section is almost full of trolls, overall they have nothing from themselves and they have really poor skills, just look at their head Rei, he released cracked version of sx os as rommenu.nro but the major feature of sx os "XCI Loading" didn't work and started to shout everywhere that i cracked sx os
There are many wrong points here that I'm going to have to break them all down separately.
  • Reisyukaku was behind the ever popular ReiNAND which eventually became Luma, the 3DS CFW everyone except flashcart users has (there are probably some who use both).
  • While there were lots of SD files, the ones involving Meteos were numbered so people could keep track of them. Not only that, they did have accompanying readme's that most people chose to ignore so it is their fault for being confused. Lastly, there was a dedicated help channel for getting people acclimated that I believe many people left as happy customers.
  • Not sure where you got the misconception Rei shouted he cracked SX OS in its entirety. If you mean the debate on whether it was a crack or not, unless Rommenu was coded from scratch, it was a crack of SX OS since its a part of their CFW. People refused to accept it as a crack of SX OS because it didn't feature XCI loading, which implies SX OS is only good for XCI loading (that's a new low for SX OS), but for all intents and purposes, it is indeed a crack. TX fans just could not differentiate between a partial and full crack.

overall, switch scene needs a real cfw like luma on 3ds, and a good and healthy community not the one with bans, trolls, script kiddies, etc...
This is what Atmosphere is trying to end up becoming I hope you realize. Plus, Luma only came after years of the 3DS being out and after the community discovered an exploit to load CFWs without the need for a flashcart. Its only been a year and a half since the Switch came out and we're in a way better position than we were during the 3DS when we had stuff such as Crown3DS and Gateway to look forward to. You seem impatient and unrealistic; maybe you should cool your head off and come back in a few months when the scene is more organized.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
So, from whining and causing drama INSIDE threads, people now start their own threads to whine and cause more drama.
One guy starts posting about how he hates drama in the scene, and everyone else starts to follow.
Just keep your head down, be thankful and take what you get.
You're not paying anyone to help you play your games for free.
I swear to God, this generation of gamers is horrible.

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
You say the scene sucks and then proceed to downplay the achievements of individuals that have made major contributions to it.

No, my friend, you're part of the problem.

Reactions: Deleted User

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

- Atmosphere: had drama and some of their major developers left the team, delay after delay, nothing for end-user, totally dictatorial and they ban you for shitty reasons
- ReiNX: some of script kiddies gathered together and wrote a bootloader with atmosphere sysmodules and named it a cfw, the community is just full of trolls or memes, many of them are under 18, they can't even have a proper release and you'll see lots of sdfiles everywhere without even a version number, their help section is almost full of trolls, overall they have nothing from themselves and they have really poor skills, just look at their head Rei, he released cracked version of sx os as rommenu.nro but the major feature of sx os "XCI Loading" didn't work and started to shout everywhere that i cracked sx os

overall, switch scene needs a real cfw like luma on 3ds, and a good and healthy community not the one with bans, trolls, script kiddies, etc...
Just use hekate with tomGER's sd files, those other so called cfw are just a copy of hekate. Set it to autoboot atmosphere with sig patches.

Last edited by wicksand420,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just use hekate with tomGER's sd files, those other so called cfw are just a copy of hekate. Set it to autoboot atmosphere with sig patches.

Uhhhhh no, they aren't a copy of Hekate as Hekate isn't even a CFW, it's a bootloader. Rei and Raj are based on Atmosphere's code, not Hekate

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Actually if you really think about it, the whole source of the Switch scene toxicity comes from Atmosphere more exactly from SciresM's salty ass. I'm not hating or anything, but let's be objective here - TX is to date the only user friendly firmware and by far the most popular at that. But every single God damn time they update their CFW, SciresM tweets some salty crap like TX stole this and TX stole that. I mean wtf dude?! I get that they didn't give credit and that's shitty to be honest, but that's the way the world works. Thomas Edison stole the fricking light bulb from Tesla but you don't see people bitching about it now do you?!

To keep it short and simple, the Atmosphere team, more exactly SciresM is more or less the original source of toxicity in the Switch community.

Reactions: Deleted User

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually if you really think about it, the whole source of the Switch scene toxicity comes from Atmosphere more exactly from SciresM's salty ass. I'm not hating or anything, but let's be objective here - TX is to date the only user friendly firmware and by far the most popular at that. But every single God damn time they update their CFW, SciresM tweets some salty crap like TX stole this and TX stole that. I mean wtf dude?! I get that they didn't give credit and that's shitty to be honest, but that's the way the world works. Thomas Edison stole the fricking light bulb from Tesla but you don't see people bitching about it now do you?!

To keep it short and simple, the Atmosphere team, more exactly SciresM is more or less the original source of toxicity in the Switch community.
Yes, let's all play the blame game.

Reactions: Taorn and SaffronXL

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

Must have missed the comments from the team, that didn't even involve Scires...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And they both are most certainly copies of hekate.
That's not true, either.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: charlieb

Kilim

ReiNX Official Dad™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while i can't comment on RajNX/atmosphere (i hold opinions on them but nothing nice to say) i will say to not let the bad apples soil the rest of the crop

there are shitty people in every community, that's just how these things work. however, the people who have circulated malware were banned almost immediately and we apologize profusely for anyone who got hit by that.

as far as your SD files are concerned, that's already been alleviated :^) - but i totally agree, its unprofessional as hell and we're rectifying that ASAP

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

The issue with SX was never simply about 'credit'. TX are free to use Atmosphere code. In fact, TX are free to keep selling it, as GPL allows this. All TX have to do to make SX compliant with GPL is release the source code, since they are using open source GPL'ed Atmosphere code. That's it.

This is not an unreasonable request.

Last edited by sj33,

Bellebite2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan

Right, we also need peace in the world and give away flowers to everyone each morning... Too many hippies left and right.
And we have SX OS, we have all we need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night