Hacking Discussion we need a good cfw and community

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
switch hacking scene sucks

- Atmosphere: had drama and some of their major developers left the team, delay after delay, nothing for end-user, totally dictatorial and they ban you for shitty reasons
- RajNX: it's atmosphere with sig patches for trolling reinx, totally worthless
- ReiNX: some of script kiddies gathered together and wrote a bootloader with atmosphere sysmodules and named it a cfw, the community is just full of trolls or memes, many of them are under 18, they can't even have a proper release and you'll see lots of sdfiles everywhere without even a version number, their help section is almost full of trolls, overall they have nothing from themselves and they have really poor skills, just look at their head Rei, he released cracked version of sx os as rommenu.nro but the major feature of sx os "XCI Loading" didn't work and started to shout everywhere that i cracked sx os

overall, switch scene needs a real cfw like luma on 3ds, and a good and healthy community not the one with bans, trolls, script kiddies, etc...
Do you even know how long it took for Luma CFW took to be stable or even be a thing.... things take time.

Last edited by Owenge,

unique-name

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, stagnation and worshiping. The same way as Nintendo also drop updates often now being up to 7 which is highest i think among all the consoles, do they offer something else the "system stability", please make the difference. And not obligated is poor justification as we are talking not whether they do it but how they do it, everyone are free to do whatever they want as long as are honest what and how they manage to do it which they are very far from. Another group is what the scene need to have options and future proof development.

Last edited by unique-name,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are using a significantly low quality device to do things that other devices (that most people have) do cheaper and better.
Potentially easier options is why I usually don't imagine the Switch homebrew scene will become the equal of anything like the Xbox, DS or PSP. At the same time it is a relatively powerful device with HDMI out, onboard screen of some merit, USB, SD card, network, remote control options (by default even) which is presumably more than capable of doing 16 bit and older games, probably making a very nice dent in PS1 era stuff, grabbing video from youtube, playing back Scene style MKV/H264 videos of decent res...

It will not beat a normal PC but it will do well enough for a lot of people, or if you prefer do you see HDMI tablets and raspberry pis stuffed into TVs? No reason why the Switch could not compete at that level. Whether people would necessarily leave a phone or tablet behind in preference to such a thing I don't know but I can well see it being a common usage scenario and one that would mean your storage upper limit thing is dubious. If people are expected to wander around with it at some level then such a thing would only sweeten the deal.

TPMJB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Potentially easier options is why I usually don't imagine the Switch homebrew scene will become the equal of anything like the Xbox, DS or PSP. At the same time it is a relatively powerful device with HDMI out, onboard screen of some merit, USB, SD card, network, remote control options (by default even) which is presumably more than capable of doing 16 bit and older games, probably making a very nice dent in PS1 era stuff, grabbing video from youtube, playing back Scene style MKV/H264 videos of decent res...

It will not beat a normal PC but it will do well enough for a lot of people, or if you prefer do you see HDMI tablets and raspberry pis stuffed into TVs? No reason why the Switch could not compete at that level. Whether people would necessarily leave a phone or tablet behind in preference to such a thing I don't know but I can well see it being a common usage scenario and one that would mean your storage upper limit thing is dubious. If people are expected to wander around with it at some level then such a thing would only sweeten the deal.
I just see phones now capable of pretty heavy emulation, if that's what you're looking for, with bluetooth controller support. Back in the 360 or earlier days, the emulation was novel because it was either emulate on PC, or you're up the creek (and controller support on computers was a little lacking.)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just see phones now capable of pretty heavy emulation, if that's what you're looking for, with bluetooth controller support. Back in the 360 or earlier days, the emulation was novel because it was either emulate on PC, or you're up the creek (and controller support on computers was a little lacking.)

We did have nice adapters.

Anyway I am not entirely sure where we are heading with this one now.

zomborg

Makin Temp great again
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In reply to what the op stated in his original post from September of last year, I think the progress made on atmosphere is pretty solid considering the devs are only working on it in their spare time. I heard at least one member say they want it all and they want it now. Honestly, no disrespect but that sounds immature and as such, should be ignored.
I have been a member of this community since 2015 although I rarely post. I was a member of an old website called Xbox-Scene. My first modded console was the original Xbox, which I still have and it still works. I also soft modded several Wii consoles. I think I still have 3 of them on a shelf. I am into rooting my Android phones since my first S5 and I'm currently on my rooted note 8. I got my start in the emulation scene back in the 90s on an old website called EmuAsylum. Last but not least, I recently built my own custom gaming pc from the ground up.
So I am by no means a noob when it comes to tech nor a noob to web communities. So when I say this, take it from someone who has seen a few things. I think we have a great community here at GBATEMP. Of course it's not without it's faults and it has it's smart asses and people we would be better off without but through the years I've seen enough to know every community has those. Again it's better to just ignore them. Eventually they will get bored and leave.
Also in response to blahblahblah, if he doesn't care about our community, why stay? If he's so smart and doesn't need any help, why come here at all unless it's to leech or stir up trouble. Why not be the first one that ever hacked the switch and create his own bootloader and CFW but don't share it with anyone because he doesn't need a community?
You see, I haven't lost touch and I haven't forgotten what it was like to be young and eager but without knowledge. I haven't forgotten what it was like to just be beginning to learn how to mod something and to be needing advice from those who knew more than I. That's what's great about a community and what some people don't think about. What if that one person you help goes on to be the best programmer who ever lived?
*Helping someone may not change the world but it might for that one person*
And it will improve our community

Reactions: uludag

The3rdknuckles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you are getting this from what exactly? every CFW is still getting constant updates and will still get updates moving forward. A little drama isn't going to change that

Be a switch dev that’s been in the scene before the scene was even a scene. Read the first line from op’s p. Grow a sense of humor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night