Hacking We Have Success W/ DS Save Injection From Flash Cart

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've managed to successfully inject my flash cart's save into the wii u (new super mario bros). it's a little more difficult than n64 saves. I had to reduce the file size from 512KBs to 8KBs by trimming everything until 1FFF in hex (8,192 bytes or the same size as a psx save exactly). then, I injected just the save with saviine, not the save state or rest mode save or else it will load and replicate the save from before. it took me a moment to figure that out. anyway, saved settings for the game will be reset, which I think might be what the .conf file is for. however, it works. :D

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Save size will depend on the game. Most flashcarts just use a large size for every game so they don't need to keep a list of every game and their corresponding save size (SC DS One had such a list, which meant for newly released games, you would need to look up the save size online or through trial and error set it to the correct one for the game to save), since games will still work correctly with a larger size than needed but not a smaller one. The Wii U emulator appears to be a bit more intelligent than that, hence it expects the save size to be the correct one.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose it's possible the saves may not be uniform, so you'd have to compare them. the save I got to work with an emulator is 1KB. 8,192 bytes is equal to one block, which is why it's the same as a psx save.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, I didn't have to trim any saves for my spirit tracks save file whenever I imported my flashcard save to the spirit tracks game I had in loadiine :O it just worked by just renaming the save file for me

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may not have to trim (not sure), but I did. the section you're trimming is padded, so it doesn't matter much. the beginning of the save looked exactly the same, so it's a header, followed by save, then padding to equal a block.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, I just tested it. the conf file can remain as it be your saved settings. the file must be trimmed though. without trimming, I got no save data read (new game in all slots). just put hex length at 2000 when you search for block from one.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it might depend on the flash cart being used if it worked for loadiine. I'm using the supercard dstwo, so the save was 512KBs. it's not completely padded down below. it has some sort of footer that doesn't exist on the wii u.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played around with save including making a new save to play the first world again. no issues, so I think it's good. also, no issues on the ds doing the reverse. I don't know what would happen with a trimmed save though. I just injected the 8,192 bytes or hex length of 2,000 into the 512KB save and it worked.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how big is the save? the save on the wii u is 8KB (8,192 bytes to be exact) while my supercard's is 512KBs.
The spirit tracks save on my flashcard is 1,024KB and the spirit tracks save on my wii u (from loadiine) is also 1,024! :O They're the same size that's why I didn't need to trim anything when transferring over save files from one to the other, acecard 2i doesn't create all that padding in the save file I guess

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's possible not all saves are the same size. I only tested new super mario bros. however, the save injection method probably works for every game.

Reactions: Stealphie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't really see the point in updating it tbh