We Have Success (Importing PSX Saves From PS2 to PSX Classic)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been up all night trying to build the perfect database with the psx classic, since it misses things doing it automatically. I built the database without knowing which games from an old external, ps3 drive was for psx or ps2 as they seemed to be lumped together. anyway, I deleted the ps2 games, and I had to build two databases to get the games that weren't found in the database like dragon warrior 7. anyway, I merged both databases together into one, used hashtab to get the crc32 (if that's even needed). I noticed at least one of them in the database is incorrect, but the game was identified.

it took me a bit to get all artwork working for 124 psx games. it was a lot of trial and error since the label must be the same name as the artwork and if it's a unique character, it must be replaced with an underscore in lieu of it with the artwork only.

anyway, I finally finished about thirty minutes ago. then, I wanted to see if I could inject a save through hex or just in raw format. what I found is that every game is given a full memory card (128KBs). I had dragon warrior 7 on the system, so I created a save with it. thankfully, you can save at the beginning before you do anything. every psx save begins with SC for a hex length of 2,000. anyway, I noticed the SC in the memory card image, so hex wrote over it with my old save. I made an mcs and a raw save for all psx saves. the difference is that the mcs has a header with the file name of the save. the file name of the save is retrieved from block 1 on the psx/ps2, so it's not in the save itself. I don't know if there's a way to figure it out without block 1, but I think that's why it's written to the header of the mcs. I used that information to know which was my dragon warrior 7. I hexed it in, changed the .srm to "disc 2" and this is what happened:

20201011_083509_HDR.jpg

edit: btw, this is through retroarch. I learned a lot about that frontend last night. I use quickplay on my pc, since I'm familiar with it, but all my mini and classics use retroarch ozone.

Last edited by godreborn,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to pirate or not to pirate/psx classic versus switch. I pirated langrisser 1 and 2 on the psx classic, but I bought it on the switch:

20201011_212811_HDR.jpg
20201011_213035_HDR.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr