WD - My Passport - Confirmed USB Device Compatability List

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by JCOptimistic, Sep 13, 2018.

1. JCOptimistic
    OP

JCOptimistic Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2018
    United States
    Hello GBAtemp,

I'd like to confirm a working USB external hard drive of 1TB on the USB Devices Compatibility List wiki. I'm new here and made sure that this was posted under Nintendo Wii and under hardware discussion.

The device is on the bottom of the 1TB table above the 1.5TB table:

|- | WD Western Digital My Passport (WDBYNN0010BBL-WESN | Not Tested | class="ct-noresult" | Not Testred | class="ct-works" | Works | class="ct-noresult" | No issues so far with this USB 3.0 HD purchased in the US at Best Buy in April 2017. Formatted the drive on a Mac to FAT32, using Nintendont and USB Loader GX so far. Untested with Wii so far. | 1 | {{{7}}}

Loads up perfectly fine on latest version USB Loader GX and Nintendont so far as of Wednesday, September 12, 2018 tested on the Nintendo Wii firmware version 4.3U Model No. RVL-101. I also formatted the drive to FAT32 using guiformat. I will update if I encounter any issues.

I bought mine from my local Best Buy:

WD - My Passport 1TB External USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive - Blue

I also want to add to the discussion a Homebrew working SDHC 32GB from Best Buy:

SanDisk - Extreme Pro 32GB SDHC UHS-I Memory Card

Best,
    JCOptimistic