gaspazet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello

I got my new 500gb WD elements Se portable before 20 or so days.Yesterday i added 7 more games and i had some randoms "clicks" while i was playing....not more than 2-3.Today i heard also 2 clicks. I did a full scan(extended) with WD lifeguard diagnostics and everything seems to be ok:

I have more than 80 games in total and around 55% free disk space. I also had this click sound, when i did some test like opening-closing wii console(today)...some times it did click but some times it didnt(i went in cfg loader,in a game and then -->out--->wii menu--->close wii).The click sound is just one click,like you turn off something(some audio cards have this sound when you open-close a pc)and nothing more.
Any opinions guys?
BR

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Alot of harddrives can have a click-sound when the arm is moving between certain locations. Its quite normal and shouldnt be anything to worry about.
If/when you start experiencing bad lag or delay during these clicks, it might be time to try a reformat.

But yea, I have 2 HDDs that have had these clicking sounds since they were new thats working perfectly even today.... They are over 5 years old now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night