WBSF_OPEN FAILED:-1

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Nao-san, Jan 13, 2012.

Jan 13, 2012

WBSF_OPEN FAILED:-1 by Nao-san at 2:36 AM (862 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Nao-san
    OP

Newcomer Nao-san Newbie

Canada
    Hello,

Recently my sister got her wii hacked, and with it, games. My own wii was already hacked, so I thought to buy the same DD as her and copy hers and then bring it back home to put it on my wii. I first tried my DD on her wii, it worked perfectly. Then, back home (not in the same town), I plugged it to my wii and it says WBFS_OPEN failed:-1

I went on many forums and tried some things, but nothing seems to work. I have to say this kind of stuff really mix me up, so I am kinda lost in all this, but I thought that since she was loading her game from usb loader channel, maybe I should change my wiiflow channel for that, but I did not succeed in doing that (http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader) and I tried to install ios 58 on my sd card, but it didn't work.

I read about partitions and all, but with wbsf my computer cannot see the DD and only wants to format it (it did the same before I tried it on my sister's wii, so I know that's not a problem).

Now I don't know what to do, nor what really goes wrong in fact. I just had an hint it was the loading who goes wrong or the software used to hacked my wii who isn't compatible with wbst or something, but I don't really know.

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong or of what I could to make it work? (I repeat, I find all this confusing and frustrating, and I am not that good with stuff like that).

Thanks a bunch!

2. Nao-san
    OP

Newcomer Nao-san Newbie

Canada
    So...really no one has an idea of what it could be? What to search about? Anything?

3. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    check for errors using wiimm's wwt

4. Nao-san
    OP

Newcomer Nao-san Newbie

Canada
    I tried that, but for an osbcur reason, the wwt can't open my files.

5. Nao-san
    OP

Newcomer Nao-san Newbie

Canada
    Ok, so I tried some things and got more informations.

I do have a wbfs partition on my hd, but when I try to select it, this is the error message that appear.

WBFS: auto not found

then, when I select manually my partition,this message flashed at the bottom of the screen

WBFS error: hd sector size doesn't match

Thus far, I was concentrating my efforts on usb loader (because I thought it might have been a compatibilty problem with my wiiflow), but now I don't really know what to search. Any hint? Anyone got that error message before? (I got it by CFG usb loader, if it can help)

Anything that can steer me in the right direction would be appreciated

6. Nao-san
    OP

Newcomer Nao-san Newbie

Canada
    Ok,

So my friend ended up successfully putting usb loader gx and is now seems to work, as we can access the game list. Except now, the games won't load (black screens) or will say a message that looks like

error

SD/e89r7rhf8 doesn't exist. bla bla bla (I didn't have the time to read it, since it goes away and the game still try to load, but only resulting in a black screen).

Please help me!!
    I'm starting to get desperate :(

7. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    I think the filesystem is damaged
    if even wwt cant read it its probably beyond repair
    reformat the drive and try again
    I suggest you use fat32 this time

8. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    this is why hardly no one uses wbfs anymore cos sooner or later it will corrupt. fat32 FTW

9. Nao-san
    OP

Newcomer Nao-san Newbie

Canada
    I guess so. I know wbsf is a lot of problem, but I have no other hd on which I could put my games on while formating the hd I use for my wii, so I guess I need to find another solution...