Trophies
Website
duchaine.dyndns.org
XP
Country
Canada
pcfree said:
calimero,

After init the FREE@Physical, it won't auto update the partition info as WBFS@Physical and must exist and reload.

I don't think people are interested in that release anyway, it's the first feedback I receive since friday, so I don't think I'll do any more modification to it.

The source code is available, so interesting feature I implemented will soon appear in other wbfs apps

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks pretty good! I have been on a quest for a clean WBFS manager that does not rely on .Net. This one does not, correct? I'll be testing this when I get home!

nubecoder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
United States
It does in fact rely on .Net.

But why is everyone so afraid of (opposed to) .Net?

If you have Vista or Windows 7 you already have .Net.
If you have XP, I recommend you get and install the silent installer found here (only 55.63 MB).
Simply extract and run the "DotNetFX3in1.exe" found inside the SVCPACK folder.
Note that it is a silent installer (no progress window), so to know when it is finished you can use the windows task manager.

I really don't see why everyone is so opposed to .Net. It's packaged in Vista and Windows 7, and it's very easy to use from a developer standpoint.
The only real draw back I see is the official installer's file size (200MB+), and I've given you a solution to that above.

Is there something I'm missing? Would someone mind telling me what the problem is? Is it because Microsoft hasn't made it a required update for XP?
I'm sure if they had no one would care, right?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nubecoder said:

If you have XP, I recommend you get and install the silent installer found here (only 55.63 MB).
Note that it is a silent installer (no progress window), so to know when it is finished you can use the windows task manager.

I really don't see why everyone is so opposed to .Net. It's packaged in Vista and Windows 7, and it's very easy to use from a developer standpoint.
The only real draw back I see is the official installer's file size (200MB+), and I've given you a solution to that above.

Is there something I'm missing? Would someone mind telling me what the problem is? Is it because Microsoft hasn't made it a required update for XP?

I have personally had .Net fail (required running setup and repair) twice. I would attempt to load WBFS Mananger and would get a nasty little Windows error. What is causing it? Not sure...I have yet to track it down. I would assume it is an application installed, but maybe not. Either way, just that alone makes me weary of the stability of .Net in the future. Better to have a well written WBFS manager that does not completely rely on .Net at all...like WBFS Intelligent GUI.

calimero100582

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
duchaine.dyndns.org
XP
Country
Canada
zektor said:
nubecoder said:

I have personally had .Net fail (required running setup and repair) twice. I would attempt to load WBFS Mananger and would get a nasty little Windows error. What is causing it? Not sure...I have yet to track it down. I would assume it is an application installed, but maybe not. Either way, just that alone makes me weary of the stability of .Net in the future. Better to have a well written WBFS manager that does not completely rely on .Net at all...like WBFS Intelligent GUI.

Only the GUI rely on .Net, and the DLL in background is pure C++ that is compatible on most compiler under windows

nubecoder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nubecoder.com
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
nubecoder said:
[snipped]
There are service packs that are needed to be "up to date" for .Net and some people's code does rely on "up to date" .Net.
Would you mind running the silent installer I mentioned above and see if your problems with .Net go away?
I'm just curious if it is an install problem or some kind of conflict, that silent installer shouldn't have any trouble installing the files where they need to be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.