WBFS won't format

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Haloman800, Jul 5, 2010.

Jul 5, 2010

WBFS won't format by Haloman800 at 5:06 AM (791 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Haloman800
    OP

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    I just bought a new 1 TB hard drive, I've formatted my old one and it worked.

It's letter was G, I went into WBFS and I went under G, I got an error when I tried to load it.

I tried loading all the other letters, only D worked, I tried formatting it, but apparently it wasn't the hard drive, since Window's still allows me to open it.

Please tell me what to do ! I need to copy all my games to this new one tomorrow to give to my Uncle who's leaving tomorrow!!

Thanks!

WBFS v. 3.0

2. dbspanks

Newcomer dbspanks Advanced Member

United States
    Your ? is confusing, Did you format you new harddrive with windows yet? to ensure it is active and primary, then you should be able to have WBFS read it and format it, but windows must see it first. Then why would you format your old drive??? is this the one you are copying from?? You sould assign your new drive a new letter to be safe, especially if you are doing a disk to disk copy.

3. Haloman800
    OP

Member Haloman800 a real gril

United States
    I did not format my new hard drive with Windows... I didn't do that to my old one. Doing that takes hours, and my uncle's leaving tomorrow (The drive who this is for), is that my only option?

I didn't format my old drive, and that is the one I'm copying from.

How do I assign the drive a new letter?