WBFS to WBFS (on the fly)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Pop006, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Pop006
    OP

Pop006 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2009
    Canada
    I *KNOW* there is this list: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=WBFS_Managers
    and i *KNOW* that some of them have WBFS to WBFS on the fly game transers....

I have TWO 1 tb hard drives, one is my cousins. I am wanting to transfer some of the ios from mine to his. Mine already has some games, his already has some games. So far I have been using WBFS Manager v3.0.1 but it has to dump the ios to my computer, then to his hard drive, and it can take a long time.

I am wondering if anyone knows some faster programs, but I dont want to test out too many new ones as i am afraid it could whipe out the games he already has installed.
    WBFS Manager has a clone tool, and when you try to clone it just copies over the games that are missing, and gives a prompt saying "GAME NAME has failed - Already exist on drive". Was wondering if maybe another program did the same type thing, just with On the Fly Transfers rather then Indirect.

Thanks in Advance.

P.s. I searched for about 35-45 mins and could not find an answer on these forums, hope this isnt/wasent a common question.

2. Sabin_Figaro

Sabin_Figaro GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2009
    Colombia
    wbfs manager works for me just fine

3. scrappy

scrappy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2009
    Gambia, The
    If you have access to a linux system, i recommend wiithon for device copies.
    It works up to 4 times faster than any windows based manager for me.

4. patrick9999

patrick9999 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2009
    France
    +1 [​IMG]

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    WBFS manager had the "on the fly" feature only if both HDD have the same cluster size. if they don't it copy a temporary iso first on computer.

I used Calimero's GUI to transfer my games to another drive. It works with different cluster size WBFS HDD too.
    It's an easy interface (2 panels list, 2 wbfs), select the game you wish to copy to the other one and click a button.

6. Pop006
    OP

Pop006 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 11, 2009
    Canada
    Alright, thanks!

I'll give your program a go Cyan.

I guess I could have included that both of the hard drives are the EXACT same, name and brand, not 100% sure on cluster size. But did both myself so cant imagine being a differnt cluster size. Anyhow thats for the quick response, apperciate it [​IMG]