WBFS to WBFS (on the fly)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Pop006, Aug 29, 2009.

Aug 29, 2009

WBFS to WBFS (on the fly) by Pop006 at 4:54 AM (1,864 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Pop006
    OP

Member Pop006 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I *KNOW* there is this list: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=WBFS_Managers
    and i *KNOW* that some of them have WBFS to WBFS on the fly game transers....

I have TWO 1 tb hard drives, one is my cousins. I am wanting to transfer some of the ios from mine to his. Mine already has some games, his already has some games. So far I have been using WBFS Manager v3.0.1 but it has to dump the ios to my computer, then to his hard drive, and it can take a long time.

I am wondering if anyone knows some faster programs, but I dont want to test out too many new ones as i am afraid it could whipe out the games he already has installed.
    WBFS Manager has a clone tool, and when you try to clone it just copies over the games that are missing, and gives a prompt saying "GAME NAME has failed - Already exist on drive". Was wondering if maybe another program did the same type thing, just with On the Fly Transfers rather then Indirect.

Thanks in Advance.

P.s. I searched for about 35-45 mins and could not find an answer on these forums, hope this isnt/wasent a common question.

2. Sabin_Figaro

Member Sabin_Figaro GBAtemp Regular

Colombia
    wbfs manager works for me just fine

3. scrappy

Newcomer scrappy Member

Germany
    If you have access to a linux system, i recommend wiithon for device copies.
    It works up to 4 times faster than any windows based manager for me.

4. patrick9999

Newcomer patrick9999 Member

France
    +1 [​IMG]

5. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    WBFS manager had the "on the fly" feature only if both HDD have the same cluster size. if they don't it copy a temporary iso first on computer.

I used Calimero's GUI to transfer my games to another drive. It works with different cluster size WBFS HDD too.
    It's an easy interface (2 panels list, 2 wbfs), select the game you wish to copy to the other one and click a button.

6. Pop006
    OP

Member Pop006 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Alright, thanks!

I'll give your program a go Cyan.

I guess I could have included that both of the hard drives are the EXACT same, name and brand, not 100% sure on cluster size. But did both myself so cant imagine being a differnt cluster size. Anyhow thats for the quick response, apperciate it [​IMG]