WBFS Partition lost

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Kimem, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Kimem
    OP

Kimem Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2009
    Hi... First of all, sorry about my english. It's not my native language, but i'll try to do my best.

Well... my HD screwed up when i upgraded the backup loader i use, USB Loader GX. After the upgrade, i could play a bit, but after a while, the wii couldn't recognize the HD. I tried with WBFS Manager and it says "No WBFS partitions found" (USB Loader GX told me that, also).
    Seems i'm not the only one with this error (link)

I have read a lot of topics here. I tried to use Wiimms WBFS Tool.

wwt list
    Code:
    !! wwt: ERROR #8 [NO WBFS FOUND] in AnalysePartitions() @ wbfs-interface.c#344
    !!ÂÂÂÂÂÂno WBFS partitions found -> abort
    wwt check X:
    Code:
    *****ÂÂwwt: Wiimms WBFS Tool v0.22a r535 cygwin - Dirk Clemens - 2009-12-25ÂÂ***

!! wwt: ERROR #12 [CAN'T OPEN FILE] in AnalysePartitions() @ wbfs-interface.c#24
    !!ÂÂÂÂÂÂCan't open file: X:
    !!ÂÂÂÂÂÂ-> Permission denied
    wwt find -l

Code:
    typeÂÂwbfs d.usageÂÂÂÂsizeÂÂfile (sizes in MiB)
    -----------------------------------------------
    BLOCKÂÂ--ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0 1430798ÂÂ/dev/sda
    BLOCKÂÂ--ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂ199997ÂÂ/dev/sda1
    BLOCKÂÂ--ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂ500000ÂÂ/dev/sda2
    BLOCKÂÂ--ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂ730793ÂÂ/dev/sda3
    BLOCKÂÂ--ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂ305244ÂÂ/dev/sdb
    BLOCKÂÂ--ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂ305243ÂÂ/dev/sdb1
    last one is my HD (internal 320gb sata2 Seagate), so I typed

wwt CHECK /dev/sdb1
    Code:
    *****ÂÂwwt: Wiimms WBFS Tool v0.22a r535 cygwin - Dirk Clemens - 2009-12-25ÂÂ***

!! wwt: ERROR #15 [READ FILE FAILED] in AnalysePartitions() @ wbfs-interface.c#3
    !!ÂÂÂÂÂÂNo WBFS magic found: /dev/sdb1
    Pretty same as this post
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=197745&st=0
    but i can't buy another HD like the one i was using... I have a similar one, internal 300gb sata2 Seagate, but i don't know if this could work.

Of course I tried wbfs_file also (wbfs_file X: extract_wbfs_all Z: -g -f) with no luck

What can i do to recover the backups? Should i format the unit and then use the hex editor? This failure seems too common... ; ;

Thanks for read, and i hope you can help me.
    Kimem

2. Hatsu

Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Banned
    Oct 19, 2009
    __________________ Warn: 50%
    If there is no WBFS partition, you can't restore it, dumbass.

3. Kimem
    OP

Kimem Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2009
    Well, there IS a WBFS partition, because i can open the partition with the hex editor "HxD", but seems is corrupted somehow.

4. Kimem
    OP

Kimem Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice