WBFS partition is not recognized by WBS manager 3.0

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by tommyv, Jun 11, 2009.

Jun 11, 2009
  1. tommyv
    OP

Newcomer tommyv Advanced Member

United States
    my WBFS partition is not recognized by other computers, the letter of that partition is (S), for some reason when I plug my HDD on my laptop is recognized as (H) but WBFS manager 3.0 is not able to recognize that partition, if I change the letter and path to (S) is no good, it regonizes it as (S) but again WBFS manager 3.0 doesn't recognize it. any ideas how to solve the problem? in my other computer where I made that partition has no problems.

2. tommyv
    OP

United States
    are you guys able of using your HDD and WBFS partition on more than one computer?

3. Moose13

Member Moose13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I tried on two PC's. My XP machine sees the partition with no problem. My Vista machine didn't see the partition until I right click and ran WBFS manager as admin. Once I did that I have no problems.

4. ecw

Member ecw GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I posted about this too. In my case WBFS manager 1 & 2 see the partition just fine but v3 does not. Something must have changed.

5. tommyv
    OP

United States
    In my case, I have tried more WBFS tools and none work, I am running as administrator.

6. tommyv
    OP

United States
    I just tried other two computers and same results, the three computers I have tried are all vista, my computer that is the one where it works is on xp, I am beginning to think it has something to do with vista, unfortunately I don't have another XP computer to try it out, Moose13 could you tell what did you do to get it working on Vista? neither WBFS manager and WBFS Intelligent work on those computers.

7. Moose13

United States
    I'm actually using WBFS intelligent on my Vista (64bit) machine. I right click on the executable file and pick run as admin. Being just logged in as admin doesn't do it. I still have to do this step.
    There's also somethign else you can try. If you right click on the exe file, you can run in compatibility mode, and pick to run as XP.

Hope this helps.

8. tommyv
    OP

United States
    WOW it worked, thank you, you are the man!!! you saved my a lot of trouble, I was thinking on deleting the partition and creating another one.

Thanks man

9. Moose13

United States
    No problem, I'm kind of new around here, but help out if I can.