WBFS partition also is recognized as FAT partition.

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by tommyv, Apr 9, 2010.

1. tommyv
    OP

Newcomer tommyv Advanced Member

United States
    I'm going crazy here, I made a a 200GB WBFS partition on my 500GB for wii games I used Config loader to make the WBFS FS, everything went great, now when I use wiiflow the partition is recognized, I can play games, everything perfect, but the when I was searching for the covers on my SD they where not there, my other partition is NTFS so it was impossible for the covers to be there, anyway I looked for them on the NTFS and they weren't there. ok logically there must be somewhere where the cursed covers most be right. so I used wiixplorer and when I select the USB, guess what the covers are there, together with some homebrew browser files and other things. for some reason I can't explain my WBFS is working great but is also been used as a FAT partition because the apps are using it, I cant acces those files from my PC, only using wiixplorer. so what is going on? I am afraid of my game collection getting corrupt because of this, obviously there is a conflict there the same partition is been recognized as two WBFS and FAT.

help will be appreciated

2. elimist

Member elimist GBAtemp Regular

United States
    are you sure that they are not hidden files? Also, I doubt that a wfbs partition can be used as fat. One of your homebrew probably saw that there was no fat partition and decided to make one. Try using EASEUS Partition Master and see what it says.

3. tommyv
    OP

United States
    EASEUS says:

200 unformatted (WBFS)
    300 NTFS

4. Dr. Clipper

Member Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    Are you absolutely sure you clicked USB and not SD in Wii Explorer? Check the SD card anyway if you have one plugged in.

5. tommyv
    OP

United States
    yeah I selected USB and there are alot of folders with strange character like: 8Y&*s+#, and then there is a folder called Wiiflow, inside I can even see the jpg's using wiixplorer picture vewer, all in the USB, I can't see any of this on ,my pc

6. tommyv
    OP

United States
    Could it be that I have reformatted the drive many times had a lot of data, and for some reason is causing this, maybe if I destroy the Data on the HD

also WBFS manager wouldn't format the partition, only config loader would, I assume there was something weird going on.