wbfs panic: malloc tmd

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Skeeve, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Skeeve
    OP

Skeeve Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Hi!

I just got the message "wbfs panic: malloc tmd" (or tnd?) from configurable usb loader V50 when selecting a certain backup. The loader hangs after that.

My Wii is System 4.0E. The wbfs partition is about 500Gig. Anything else you need to know?

2. oggzee

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    That seems to be some problem extracting the banner sound.
    A couple of questions:
    - Which game is that?
    - Can you try the option: confirm_start = 0 to config.txt and running the game, this will prevent playing of the banner sound. I'd like to know if the game starts normally with that.
    - Does the banner sound play correctly for this game with WiiFlow or GX?

3. Skeeve
    OP

Skeeve Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Thanks for your prompt reply!

I don't know WiiFlow and I don't use GX anymore. But I think I have it still available and will test it also asap.

4. Skeeve
    OP

Skeeve Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2010
    Gambia, The
    It seems to be a problem with the partition.

I added the change and games start now directly when pressing A.

Except for this one. Here I get an "Error: OpenPartition(0xf800000) -32"

GX can't load it either.

5. oggzee

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    Indeed looks like something is corrupted, I assume you're using wbfs partitions? I'd suggest running wwt check and repair and after that removing and reinstalling the game...

6. Skeeve
    OP

Skeeve Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Can you please give me a hint what "wwt check" is and where to find it? Update: Think I found it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=182236

Would it be a better idea to use NTFS with .wbfs files? But how can I create those files? I already googled but found nothing helpful. Only information that .wbfs files would require the full 4Gig instead of the smaller sizes I get with the wbfs partition.

In any case: Many thanks for your help.

Currently I'm trying to extract everything to my second partition. Unfortunately it's FAT and so I have to use RAR so that the files don't become too big :-( Very boring task. And so awful slow.

7. Skeeve
    OP

Skeeve Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Many thanks, oggzee for telling me about wwt! It's a the most helpful tool I found. I really like it. No more need to boot an XP in VirtualBox!

8. oggzee

oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Apr 11, 2009
    Slovenia
    You can also use a FAT partition with .wbfs files.
    .wbfs files are compressed / scrubbed so they take the same space as on a wbfs partition.
    You can extract all your games from a wbfs partition to .wbfs files using the command:

wbfs_file -g X: extract_wbfs_all Y:\wbfs

9. mitsos

mitsos Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2008
    Greece
    i got the same error at the Zelda twilight princess.Im not sure what to do can you plz help me?
    im using an 100GB WBFS partition
    all the other games working.
    i also tried the config option but with no results.
    im also using cfg usb loader v.50