Hacking WBFS manager won't read harddrive anymore

wiiztec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had connected my harddrive and started up the WBFS manager when the front wheel of my computer chair slipped off and I fell forward (I think I might have put a bit of pressure on the drive with my hand) and then my computer crashed and restarted itself and when it started up again It said I had a bunch of .dll's missing

When I tried to load the harddrive with the WBFS manager it gave me an "error occurred wile loading the drive" mesage I then tested the drive on my Wii and it was fine

I'm thinking it has somthing to do with the missing .dll's

wiiztec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apperantly my computer made it's own system restore point this morning at 5am but when I clicked to confirm that I wanted to go through with the system restore nothing would happen

Also my computer crashed again when I plugged the USB drive in again

I tried uninstalling the WBFS manager so I could reinstall it but it said that it couldn't because the WBFS manager was currently running, it wasn't I even checked for the process in task manager

So I just reinstalled over the old install without uninstalling it first and it made no difference, it still won't load my harddrive

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't sound like hitting or falling on your computer would cause dll files to be missing, unless the hard drive itself became scratched on the heads and it is not reading properly, and even I have yet to do that by smacking around my computer. I would backup and reinstall windows or do a real system restore from a retail disk, i dont believe in the system restores from the drive partitions because too many viruses/worms/trojans can write themselves into the restore option.

I would first try using something like a live boot of Gparted (GPL Linux boot up) and see if it can see the USB hard drive. If you have nothing on your hard drive to worry about (The USB one, not the one in your PC), reformat the USB hard drive to a partiton that windows can see and then try again with WBFS manager and format it to WBFS.

Besides this one incident have you had any other problems with your computer, I just dont think its related to you falling and hitting the computer.

wiiztec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The drive is recognised it just won't load with WBFS manager, and I'm not going to reformat a drive with almost 40 games on it if it still works with my Wii

My computer is infected with several trojans and probably viruses which is probably why it crashed when it detected the harddrive

But I won't just waywardly reformat my PC either not untill it becomes absolutely nessiary

DMagic86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a similar issue. Just yesterday I loaded Pikmin for wii onto my USB HD and the WBFS Manager worked fine. Now for some reason it cannot read the hard drive anymore. Both partitions show up on my computer and I can access my one FAT32 partition but the manager wont recognize my WBFS partition. Also when I shut my computer down I get a blue screen error every time...

I tried a few different usb ports, going to reinstall the manager next.

Edit: Seems my cpu had a type of virus of some sort that made it not detect alot of things such as my dvd and cd burners. Found a solution on the IMGBurn forums (http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=10650). Works like a charm now
wink.gif

wiiztec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My computer seems to have a random chance of crashing when it detects my harddrive maybe I have an NTFS virus on it that's making the computer crash

clownz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiztec said:
My computer seems to have a random chance of crashing when it detects my harddrive maybe I have an NTFS virus on it that's making the computer crash

Well not necessarily. It could be if you have antivirus/antispyware programs running and its trying to scan the drive when you plug it in. It could lag your computer badly.

Also try doing an update on your antivirus software etc, and do a windows update to make sure your computer has the most up to date drivers. I've seen drivers do that also.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hrrrm sounds strange i would not believe that a bit of pressure could cause this, haven't you got any other computers to try it on or can't you use a friends (just to make sure it is not the hdd) good luck and lets hope you don't have to reformat your wbfs drive
tongue.gif

Psyvil

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i had same problem excluding the dropping of computer part. I have a FAT32 and WBFS partition. When i made the FAT32 partition i needed to make it active through windows disk management for what i needed it to do with it. (Before the WBFS was the active partition).

I made the WBFS partition active again through the windows disk management tool and the drive was read straight away through WBFS manager.
Hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1