wbfs manager is not converting card to WBFS format

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by mAdvillainy, Jun 18, 2009.

1. mAdvillainy
    OP

Newcomer mAdvillainy Member

United States
    I downloaded the wbfs manager 2.5 and it keeps running really slow and freezing when i load drives. And i load the iso on the card and my wii is saying the sd card cant be recognized in the channel management and then switch over to the sd card. im not sure what to do with the homebrew channel but it doesnt seem to do anything.

2. mdmachine

Newcomer mdmachine Member

United States
    You run homebrew code (hence the name). So on your SD card you would have a folder called "apps" and you put your homebrew in there that you would like to run. They consist of usually a file like "boot.dol" in a subfolder for that app.

Since you are trying to load (at least I think) images from the very same SD card, you will have 2 options.

1. Partition the SD card (can be done with linux). One partition being fat32 and the other being wbfs.
    2. Install a loader VIA wad. You would use another homebrew app, "wad manager" to do that. Then its a channel on your wii and you wont need the data on the SD card. That way it can be the wbfs image contents.

In all seriousness, you should spend a couple hours on here and soak up some information, if you don't even know what the HBC is for, you have ALLOT to learn.

There is plenty of in depth content on this site to get you going well, also search about brick protection before you do anything silly. [​IMG]

MD

3. nabster92

Member nabster92 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    This is like your third thread on this same topic today