Hacking wbfs manager is not converting card to WBFS format

mAdvillainy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the wbfs manager 2.5 and it keeps running really slow and freezing when i load drives. And i load the iso on the card and my wii is saying the sd card cant be recognized in the channel management and then switch over to the sd card. im not sure what to do with the homebrew channel but it doesnt seem to do anything.

mdmachine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mAdvillainy said:
I downloaded the wbfs manager 2.5 and it keeps running really slow and freezing when i load drives.

Either your drive(s) are outright slow. Or the app is having some kind of problem.
There are many other wbfs apps out there although i think they all run off the same command line util. (I could be wrong)

I mean if its a larger drive, access times can add up I suppose.

mAdvillainy said:
And i load the iso on the card and my wii is saying the sd card cant be recognized in the channel management and then switch over to the sd card.

Uhh I am not sure you do anything in the management section of the wii once the drive is converted to wbfs. Since you mention wbfs, I will assume you made the SD card wbfs and imported the ISO onto that? lol

You just mount the drive with your favorite "loader" and run the backups from that. Loaders are homebrew (see below).

QUOTE(mAdvillainy @ Jun 17 2009, 07:38 PM)
im not sure what to do with the homebrew channel but it doesnt seem to do anything.

You run homebrew code (hence the name). So on your SD card you would have a folder called "apps" and you put your homebrew in there that you would like to run. They consist of usually a file like "boot.dol" in a subfolder for that app.

Since you are trying to load (at least I think) images from the very same SD card, you will have 2 options.

1. Partition the SD card (can be done with linux). One partition being fat32 and the other being wbfs.
2. Install a loader VIA wad. You would use another homebrew app, "wad manager" to do that. Then its a channel on your wii and you wont need the data on the SD card. That way it can be the wbfs image contents.

In all seriousness, you should spend a couple hours on here and soak up some information, if you don't even know what the HBC is for, you have ALLOT to learn.

There is plenty of in depth content on this site to get you going well, also search about brick protection before you do anything silly.
wink.gif

MD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey