Wbfs Manager help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Dj_Qbert, Jun 15, 2009.

Jun 15, 2009

Wbfs Manager help by Dj_Qbert at 5:06 PM (734 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Dj_Qbert
    OP

Newcomer Dj_Qbert Advanced Member

Canada
    I am having a problem trying to get Wbfs manager 3.0 to read my hard drive. I have formatted my hard drive to wbfs via waninkoko usb loader 1.1. Windows has assigned a letter to the drive however in wbfs manager It still wont recognize the drive. I am running Windows Xp Sp2. Is there a way around this or another wbfs manager that might work with a previously formatted drive. Also is it possible to fix it without formatting my hard drive again.

Thanks in advance.

2. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I'd try formatting it to FAT32, then use WBFS manager to format it to WBFS.

here, use this tool to format it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mizwnzjawdm

also, what cIOS are you using?

if its above rev10, then you need to use the (bottom when your wii is flat) usb port.

also, I'd use a newer usb loader...1.1 has a deletion bug.

3. oxMUDxo

Member oxMUDxo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Try formating it back so the PC reads it then use WBFS to format it..
    Reformattiing deletes every thing on the drive.
    "Make sure you pick the right drive letter if you select the PC drive and formate it you'll lose everything."

4. Dj_Qbert
    OP

Newcomer Dj_Qbert Advanced Member

Canada
    I am using CIOS rev 10. I am also using usb loader 1.5. I used 1.1 to format the drive originally. It has around 20 wii games on it so formatting would suck a bit since I rented most of them. I just wanted to copy them to a bigger hard drive. This one is only 80 gigs and it will run out shortly. From reading other posts it seems that wbfs manager has to format the drive first in order to be able to read it. I was just hoping there was a way around it.

5. Servdogg

Member Servdogg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would try using partition magic (free) to format your drive. It allows you to format a drive while keeping the existing data intact. You might be able to convert the drive to something WBFS manager will recognize without erasing the games or possibly move the games to your pc by converting the drive to something else. I don't know for sure that it will work, but I think it should be possible.