Hardware WBFS Manager Game already exists on disk

Xynergy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, thanks for reading. Here is the issue.

I was using a 1TB Western Digital hard drive partitioned into three partitions. FAT, NTFS and WBFS. I decided I wanted to shrink the NTFS and Increase the WBFS sizes so I backed up all the WBFS files onto another HDD. After I reformatted the drive to the sizes I wanted and tried to add the backups back onto the WD drive I get an error that the game already exists on the drive.

Similar problem: When you copy a file to the other drive using WBFS Manager it will finish, show the check mark next to the game on the source hdd but nothing will show up on the list of the destination hdd.

What I have tried to fix it:
1. Reformat the drive again and redo the partitions.-No luck
2. Use a disk eraser tool to reset all the data on the hdd to all "0" - No luck
3. I tried using a different WBFS manager tool but the way WBFS Manager made the copy it didnt set the has marks or something correctly for this new tool and it just errors out of the copy process.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Xynergy

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
If you still have all the ISO files for the games then use Wii Game Manager and convert them to .wbfs files, then use CFG loader to load your games off NTFS. No need to have a WBFS partition anymore as it just wastes space.

Xynergy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have all the games stored on a WBFS partition on an extra HDD I had.

I am trying to use Wii Game Manager to extract the game off the drive as a WBFS file and it will put it in the cue but no file is ever created. It just says processing and disappears.

Also i can extract the game from the hard drive as an ISO file but it happens practically instantly and I dont think there is any way that it should create a 4gb file on my hdd instantly so I dont really trust the image it is making...

Still no luck on putting it back on a WBFS partition either. Im running out of ideas. I really thought wiping the drive would clean all evidence out...

Xynergy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I opened the backup hdd I made with Wii Backup Manager and it lists all the games that were stored on the drive but says the sizes are 0 and all the text is red and lined through.

It looks like WBFS Manager is the only program that likes the way it made the copy. Im not sure why. Is this because when I put the games on the HDD with WBFS manager it added just the game partition to save space?

I used WBFS Manager to extract an ISO from the WBFS partition because its the only program that appears to extract data off the hdd.

When I go to re-add the iso file to the hard drive to make sure this is going to work I select it and am told that it is an "invalid wii disc"

Im starting to think that this is a lost cause... It seems the copy of the drive I made was a bad copy or something because I can not seem to get data to copy back off the drive without errors.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Xynergy said:
I opened the backup hdd I made with Wii Backup Manager and it lists all the games that were stored on the drive but says the sizes are 0 and all the text is red and lined through.

It looks like WBFS Manager is the only program that likes the way it made the copy. Im not sure why. Is this because when I put the games on the HDD with WBFS manager it added just the game partition to save space?

I used WBFS Manager to extract an ISO from the WBFS partition because its the only program that appears to extract data off the hdd.

When I go to re-add the iso file to the hard drive to make sure this is going to work I select it and am told that it is an "invalid wii disc"

Im starting to think that this is a lost cause... It seems the copy of the drive I made was a bad copy or something because I can not seem to get data to copy back off the drive without errors.
Yeah this sounds like something got seriously borked. I really don't have any idea how to fix your problems, as it sounds like some type of corruption took place and has probably damaged your files beyond repair. Fucking sorry to hear about your lose, I certainly can understand the frustration. Best of luck!

Xynergy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I appreciate the help. I agree and formatted it back to FAT. on the plus side I guess this is a good opportunity to transition to loading games from FAT instead of WBFS.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)