Hacking WBFS Manager and Channel Creator Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
HowardC said:
1.5 is out... it may help with errors.

I'm absolutely done for tonight so I won't be replying till sometime tomorrow.

Goodnight everyone.
smile.gif
Thanks for all your efforts. I'll try out 1.5 now.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works for me now! ISO file(s) has to be in the WBFSMANCHAN1_5 directory as the rest of the files, in other words would not work if iso is anywhere else.

bluebird12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, 1.5 still isn't detecting my drive although it is formatted, has games on it, and other GUI's detect it. Still thanks HowardC for your efforts.

warfab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bula said:
Works for me now! ISO file(s) has to be in the WBFSMANCHAN1_5 directory as the rest of the files, in other words would not work if iso is anywhere else.

In my case, the ISO was in a different directory and it v1.5 still worked.
OS is XP SP2.

teddystacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:

Not so here , I manually copied a iso into the WBFSMANCHAN1_5 dir , but still get the wiiscrubber.dll missing wrror..

Real strange this one...

XP SP3 32 Bit

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warfab said:
bula said:

OS is XP SP2.
Can you create a wad if ISO is in a different dir.?

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
With version 1.5 I'm still getting the WiiScrubber.dll error:
error53.jpg

I've even tried putting the WiiScrubber.dll into my Windows\System32 directory with all the other DLL files, but no luck.

warfab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bula said:
warfab said:
bula said:

OS is XP SP2.
Can you create a wad if ISO is in a different dir.?

Yup.

daroga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not seeing my drive either, on XP SP3 (32 bit). Other GUIs seem to see it just fine.

Thanks for this tool, though, Howard. It's going to be amazingly great when you get the kinks worked out!
smile.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:

You are right! I had this folder on my desk top and does not work. I tried iso in this directory or browse from a different dir. I copied this flder on c: and now it works both ways. Took me some time to get this working but works now. Was more fun doing a wad the old way, now is to symple. :-) Thanks for the s\w.

Jizmo09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Channel maker for me always creates U64E title ID. So everything made with it launches Wii Music.

Works fast and slick though.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
daroga said:
Not seeing my drive either, on XP SP3 (32 bit). Other GUIs seem to see it just fine.

Thanks for this tool, though, Howard. It's going to be amazingly great when you get the kinks worked out!
smile.gif
I am on XP sp3 as well and I have no problem here. Had a little problem at the begining with this and what I found was that my port was opened by a different GUI (too many now LOL - thanks all of you) that crashed prior to trying this one and was still running under Processes. Give it a try and see .......

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that the error 9 is a wbfs issue.... it has to do with wbfs not being able to detect your drive and is absolutely os dependant! I wasn't going to comment anymore but curiosity got the better of me so I installed my gui, along with every single solitary gui on tehskeen on my mom's Vista 64 laptop....

NOT A SINGLE ONE WORKED!

One of the gui's even gave the exact same runtime error 9... meaning they propbably used the same code.
wink.gif

I also tried wbfs, wfbswin and wbfs delta via the command line... again none of them worked!

So for those of you who are saying "It works in another gui" please list the other gui it works in, along with your OS (64 or 32 bit as well... I think that might be the issue.)

Ok I'm REALLY out now... catch ya later.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Can we get instructions on how to use this? I'm a little reluctant to making channels because I always fear banner bricking.

Is U8Tool.exe the thing you make channels with?

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
ekudp said:
VB dependencies for WiiScrubber.dll can be fixed by installing...
http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/1...credist_x86.exe
Excellent! That solved the WiiScrubber.dll problem for me!

QUOTE(Shinigami Kiba @ Apr 5 2009, 01:43 PM) Can we get instructions on how to use this? I'm a little reluctant to making channels because I always fear banner bricking.

Is U8Tool.exe the thing you make channels with?
WBFS Manager is the thing to create channels with.
The easiest way is to create them from an ISO.
Just go to Channel Maker > Make Channel for Game With ISO
makechannel.jpg

Then just browse for your ISO file, select it and click okay.

The channel is then found in the wad subdirectory of the WBFSMANCHAN1_5 directory.

Oh, I just realised one thing.
You have to click on the game you want to make the channel for before you click on Channel Maker.
The ISO you choose is only used to supply the banner file, not the channel ID.
You can check that it was done right by looking at the name of the wad produced.
When I did it without having selected a game, I got Uisc.wad
But when I clicked on Super Smash Bros. Brawl first, I got the proper USBE.wad

That should probably go onto HowardC's to-do list for the next version:
When using Make Channel for Game With ISO, get the game ID from the iso too, not just the banner file. It will just make it that little bit more foolproof.

Actually, it would be nice to be able to make channels from ISOs without having to have the WBFS drive plugged into the PC.
At the moment you can't start the WBFS Manager without a valid WBFS drive plugged in.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jizmo09 said:
Channel maker for me always creates U64E title ID. So everything made with it launches Wii Music.

Works fast and slick though.

I can not try them now but are yours all the same size? They should be different from iso to iso, I know that for sure from doing them manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yes? Interesting way to get Hi