Hacking WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 2.0!

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the support guys!

Yes you can move it to the SD... they should work just great.

Batch conversion is a given... I'm just trying to get these bugs squashed first.

On that front... I've discovered the cause of all three bugs and I'm in the process of fixing them.

Bug #1, the error 9 bug, is a vista/windows 7 thing. What took me so long to track it down is I thought it was caused by one thing that doesn't work in vista, but it's caused by yet another thing that doesn't work in vista (why dear god why are any of you running vista?
wink.gif
)
Vista changed the variable type in one of my api calls, in 9x and xp you could use one or the other but in vista and window 7 they removed one of them for no apparent reason. I've fixed this issue and now the error is gone!

Start Technical jargon
==================================
For any programmers out there especially those that are writing a wbfs gui.. the problem and solution is this:

"CreateProcess(vbNullString, cmdLine, pra, tra, True, 0, Null, vbNullString, sui, pi)" is used to create a process that you can later use CreatePipe on to grab the command prompt text from wbfs.

In vista it needs to be changed to: ""CreateProcess(vbNullString, cmdLine, pra, tra, True, 0, 0, vbNullString, sui, pi)"

You know what the difference between a null and a 0 is? Pretty much nothing... but that's vista for ya.
===================================

Now the second and third "bug" is vista not being able to see your drive..... this is really a vista "feature" combined with an incompatable version of wbfs.

Bug #2 is on your end and you can fix it right now! Type msconfig, goto the "tools" tab and scroll down to the line that reads "Disable UAP" and click "launch".
Now reboot. Now wbfs has write privelages on your computer because that annoying UAC "do you want to run this?" crap is disabled and this will be necessary for pretty much every version of wbfs.

Bug #3 is unfortunately due to my version of wbfs... it doesn't work well in vista at all and will seldom see your hdd. Fortunately I've found a better version that seems to work (and no, it is NOT delta, and yes it IS a cygwin variant) and I'll be updating the app to use it. Unfortunately, it has trouble extracting isos, which is the whole reason I used the current one in the first place! See I tried to give you guys the best version out there and then you complain for me doing so
wink.gif

Until cygwin builds improve, what I'll do for now is use both exes and allow the user to choose which one to use. My version is better, but if you can't use mine then the other is better than nothing I suppose.

Anyway further testing is required before a release I just wanted to give a status update.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
still doesn't detect my drive, just tested it on my windows machine, I'm using XP SP2, not Vista and my msconfig doesn't have a tools tab.

but i guess it's not that big a deal since i have that other wbfs thing for adding games with, i'm just going to be using this to make channels.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
HowardC said:
Vista changed the variable type in one of my api calls, in 9x and xp you could use one or the other but in vista and window 7 they removed one of them for no apparent reason. I've fixed this issue and now the error is gone!

Really? where do I download it then? The one in the first post gives me an error 9!

Please tell me where to find a working version for Vista (I'm so sorry I have to use this OS
laugh.gif
) your tool seem great and I'd really like to try it!

boroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Howard C, you are a legend.

When you mention giving users a choice between both exes, which ones are you talking about? I thought you might have meant delta (and proceeded to wet myself) but you explicity stated it isn't.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
kornychaos said:
@Heathcliff:
QUOTE said:
Anyway further testing is required before a release I just wanted to give a status update.

Oh, my bad I was so excited about this! Ok I'll just wait a bit more
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(jamisonf @ Apr 6 2009, 09:45 PM)
Heathcliff, here Is the version of booter.dol that will force NTSC from PAL.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4DJZNBIX

lol what I need is something that would force PAL from NTSC games... I mean, for BNRBandit so I guess this is not the right place after all.

HowardC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boroc said:
Howard C, you are a legend.

When you mention giving users a choice between both exes, which ones are you talking about? I thought you might have meant delta (and proceeded to wet myself) but you explicity stated it isn't.

This one is a cygwin variant that has all the features of delta only it actually extracts images most of the time.
wink.gif
I think one of the other gui's already use it but I can't remeber which.

RavRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How do I use that booter.dol? Does it go on the HDD? One the SD card? Or in the folder where WBFS Manager is located? I see there is one in there....do I replace that and re-up all my games to HDD for this to work?

Thanks

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
booter.dol is used to generate the channels.

You have to replace the default one provided with the app (The one in the WBFS folder) with this one in order to enable Ocarina!

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
I made channels with this no problem, as I said it still doesn't detect my drive but now I have another problem, the channels give me some error when I try to install them with WAD Manager.

lejong2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shinigami Kiba said:
I made channels with this no problem, as I said it still doesn't detect my drive but now I have another problem, the channels give me some error when I try to install them with WAD Manager.

Same here.
When I tried to install the wad file that made by this tool, the wad manager showed me the error code ret = -1022.

Any idea?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1