Hacking WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 2.0!

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jm9843 said:
If you are going to support a different executable, may I suggest Sorg's modification?

It is based off of Kwiirk's original source and adds some great new modifications like the ability to rename the game on the wbfs drive. And it does it the right way:

QUOTE said:
By renaming/adding with custome name, original name will remain in ISO header. Changes of name will be made only in WBFS directory, so it safe to change name to whatever you want without remembering original name.

I've already tested it with my drive under Windows 7 beta and it works beautifully. "Blob07" is now called "de Blob" on my drive.
smile.gif

Details and the source code can be found here: Modified version of wbfs.exe
I second this.

WiiMoosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HowardC said:
kornychaos said:
I just don't get how wbfs works fine via the command line and with a few other gui apps.

There are at least 4 versions of the wbfs.exe that I know of, so you have to be more specific.
wink.gif

Well I know a Linux Version, but it doesn't have a GUI, so u have to make everything from Terminal...

Anyways thanks for this great app, I just wish My 2TB External Drive Dual Bay enclosure AC Power Adapter work, now I have to change the whole Case thanks to that Puny, AC POWER adapter
frown.gif

So I make a NTSF partidition in my 1TB HDD, with at least 320GB or 500GB, I don't think it would support the whole 1TB... or does?

Or I should leave the HDD unpartitioned, so the WBFS in Wii Creates it automatically?
Or I should create the WBFS here on the PC?

Well I hope to get answer to my Doubts...

Thanks
smile.gif

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ekudp said:
no1crazyguy said:
Great work!!! This app is the bomb!

I have one request though, Is it possible to make a version that creates wads using force NTSC? I have some PAL games that won't load right without it.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

Agreed. While I try to keep it all NTSC, some PAL games slipped in and wads that forced NTSC (or respected the default wii settings) would be great.

I fixed this problem and implemented some code I found so the channel will use the default TV mode instead!
I found the code on here:
http://wiinewz.com/forums/backup-loaders/9...od-by-sorg.html

Doesn't attempt to switch TV mode before load game (uses default TV mode instead). Original loader tries to switch TV mode according to game region which makes PAL games unplayable on TV not supporting PAL modes (NTSC-U/J Wii) and NTSC games on TV not supporting NTSC modes (PAL Wii). Now i can play Mario Kart PAL and Wii Chess PAL on my NTSC-U Wii!

Just replace the BOOTER.dol file with the one I uploaded here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZLZHMCIS

I tested this with a PAL version of Madden 09 on my NTSC system and it worked correctly!

WiiMoosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
raptor1010 said:
ekudp said:
no1crazyguy said:

I have one request though, Is it possible to make a version that creates wads using force NTSC? I have some PAL games that won't load right without it.

Agreed. While I try to keep it all NTSC, some PAL games slipped in and wads that forced NTSC (or respected the default wii settings) would be great.

I fixed this problem and implemented some code I found so the channel will use the default TV mode instead!

Doesn't attempt to switch TV mode before load game (uses default TV mode instead). Original loader tries to switch TV mode according to game region which makes PAL games unplayable on TV not supporting PAL modes (NTSC-U/J Wii) and NTSC games on TV not supporting NTSC modes (PAL Wii). Now i can play Mario Kart PAL and Wii Chess PAL on my NTSC-U Wii!

I tested this with a PAL version of Madden 09 on my NTSC system and it worked correctly!

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

You sure this work in NTSC Wii Consoles that have Version 4.0 and cIOS...?

This would work with all game you say, no matter if game are from different region?

I have to try this
smile.gif

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiMoosh said:
raptor1010 said:
ekudp said:
no1crazyguy said:

Thanks!
biggrin.gif

You sure this work in NTSC Wii Consoles that have Version 4.0 and cIOS...?

This would work with all game you say, no matter if game are from different region?

I have to try this
smile.gif

Yes

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Would you please explain how to do the following :

open the dol in a hex editor and change it's discID to "BOOTER"

RavRob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
raptor1010 said:

Where do you put this booter.dol? I am not sure what to do with it but I'd like to use it so I can play my PAL games as well.

Thanks

montyzoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, an easy one im sure.

Im getting 'runtime error 48, File notfound WIISCRUBBER.dll' after adding an ISO, Its not making any channel wads,

I use WII tools 1.5 and have version Wiiscrubber 1.4

1. It obviously cant find the DLL, Why would this be ?

2. Should i just move the DLL into the WBFS Man Chan 2.0 directory ?

3. I have FLU and its the easter holidays with 2 kids tearing the house apart so please explain why i have the above problems..

thanks

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
montyzoomer said:
Hi guys, an easy one im sure.

Im getting 'runtime error 48, File notfound WIISCRUBBER.dll' after adding an ISO, Its not making any channel wads,

I use WII tools 1.5 and have version Wiiscrubber 1.4

1. It obviously cant find the DLL, Why would this be ?

2. Should i just move the DLL into the WBFS Man Chan 2.0 directory ?

3. I have FLU and its the easter holidays with 2 kids tearing the house apart so please explain why i have the above problems..

thanks
You need to install the VC++ Dist Files.
There's a link in the first post.

skyknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty cool! Can't wait to have time to read this more closely and test it.

If you could integrate this with the modified wbfs found here:
http://wiinewz.com/forums/backup-loaders/9...f-wbfs-exe.html
That would be AWESOME. The modified version adds rename capabilities - to rename the game on the HDD. Works pretty well...so, games like KFP (Kung Fu Panda), or "PARTY PACK for REVOLUTION" (Wii Play), or "SPORTS PACK for REVOLUTION" (Wii Sports) can be renamed to the actual title instead of some abbreviations or whatever.

Just a suggestion
wink.gif

GREAT work though!

SkH

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Thanks, this version now works fine on my Windows XP SP3!
smile.gif

Making Game Channels from ISOs never been easier!
smileipb2.png

deshwasi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks a lot HowardC. works great on XP. any reason why the batch option was not added? (i tried selecting multiple isos but it doesnt let me)

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
SkH,

I still cannot make lego channels!!!!! This prog tells me it cannot extract opening.bng file!!!!!

Could you try Lego Batman / Star Wars? This is driving me mad
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.