Hacking WBFS Manager and Channel Creator 2.0!

loopguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i got runtime-error 9, too!
please make it work in vista. (my xp is broken
tongue.gif
)

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice, works perfectly!

Could you maybe add forced videomodes to the WAD maker? It's forcing PAL games to PAL60 which my TV doesn't support (instead of NTSC like the Disc Channel).

raptor1010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majin Vegeta said:
Nice, works perfectly!

Could you maybe add forced videomodes to the WAD maker? It's forcing PAL games to PAL60 which my TV doesn't support (instead of NTSC like the Disc Channel).

I am trying to get the source code for the BOOTER.dol so I can do this. I asked HowardC for it but he told me he got the dol from wiicrazy and joda. I sent a pm to WiiCrazy and hoping he can send me the source code. If I do get it, I will make the changes to force NTSC and post it up for you!

boroc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Majin Vegeta said:
Nice, works perfectly!

I would very much LOVE some video mode options added for the wads in this EXCELLENT app!

Works perfectly for me, thanks!

saelee84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
to create channels just do this:

step1:
Download the bnrbandit and extract it to a folder...http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146057

Step 2: download Wii Scrubber (google for it)

Step 3: open wii scrubber...open the ISO file you want a channel for.....scroll down until you see a file called Opening.bnr ...Right click and extract this file to the bnr directory you created in step one for bnr bandit usage...

bnr bandit usage
:
(create a new folder called bnr and a new folder called wad in the same directory as bnrbandit.exe)

1. Put opening.bnr file you extracted with wii scrubber in bnr/ named with the corresponding game's titleID
(For example, RSBE01.bnr for Brawl)

2. Run the batch file.

3. You should now have wads in wad/ that you can use to install usb loader stub channels.

I made this one!
TUTSUNOCO VS CAPCOM NTSC-J _RF7J08.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?w2gmltwamzy
you're right, this is much easier
yay.gif

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
to be fair if you use the extract iso feature in this tool it does dump the opening.bnr proper into the source folder...however it has issues with u8 tool packing/unpacking and ocx (active x) issues best i can figure from googling the errors...

anyway if you use BNRbandit after this tool dumps the opening.bnr and iso you will get perfect channels and fast
wink.gif

so this is useful however i am not a big OC fan to begin with they know that lol...but credit where it is do and all so this is a half way decent tool but i still use maximillions gui v2 for my wbfs needs it applys that delta stuff and works perfectly on my book

jm9843

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This new version is still functioning the same as 1.5 for me.

"Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range" for Windows 7 beta 64-bit
On a different system (Windows XP SP3 32-bit), the drive is not found.

Other tools work ok with my drive.

I'm still convinced that it is the cygwin version of wbfs that is the problem. If you are going to support a different executable, may I suggest Sorg's modification?

It is based off of Kwiirk's original source and adds some great new modifications like the ability to rename the game on the wbfs drive. And it does it the right way:

QUOTE said:
By renaming/adding with custome name, original name will remain in ISO header. Changes of name will be made only in WBFS directory, so it safe to change name to whatever you want without remembering original name.

I've already tested it with my drive under Windows 7 beta and it works beautifully. "Blob07" is now called "de Blob" on my drive.
smile.gif

Details and the source code can be found here: Modified version of wbfs.exe

no1crazyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great work!!! This app is the bomb!

I have one request though, Is it possible to make a version that creates wads using force NTSC? I have some PAL games that won't load right without it.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
So how do you use the channel that it creates from the ISOs?

the wad is installed with wad manager 1.3 or higher....what it will do is load the game on the USB external hard drive right from this channel

QUOTEGreat work!!! This app is the bomb!

I have one request though, Is it possible to make a version that creates wads using force NTSC? I have some PAL games that won't load right without it.

AND if you use BNR bandit you can also use ocarina cheats thanks to wiipower! i posted zelda and smashbros with them a min ago (I also noted it used GAMMA! so in theory YES they could make a region free channel if gamma's force region feature works wiipower should be able to make a NTSC TEMPLATE.DOL so yeah dont be surprised if that happenes
smile.gif
BNRbandit may be new but its a life saver for user friendly channel creation with usb loader 1.1
smile.gif

ekudp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no1crazyguy said:
Great work!!! This app is the bomb!

Agreed. While I try to keep it all NTSC, some PAL games slipped in and wads that forced NTSC (or respected the default wii settings) would be great.

lqd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Need so help here.i make afew game channel using this tool but get error when instaling using wad manager.using the same wad manager u can install wiiware without error.Thanks for all reply...

JussiPik

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
you people who have the runtime error 9 -error, try to run the program in safe mode.

(restart vista in safe mode and try to run the program).

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
I see a few people asking you to change from the cygwin version of wbfs to one of the other versions, but if you do so, I'd like to ask that you make it optional.
I swear by the cygwin version and I'd be very sad to see the only GUI that I know of that uses it stop using it.

Thanks for implementing the ability to create channels without the WBFS drive plugged in.
Thanks also for making it so that resizing the window resizes the list box.
You've done a wonderful job.

Edit:
Good to see too that the channels made from ISOs now get their ID from the ISO and not the list, at least, when I used it without the HDD in it worked correctly.
Haven't tried making channel from ISO while having another game selected just yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans