wbfs iso extraction ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by icebrg5, Jun 7, 2009.

1. icebrg5
    OP

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 1, 2007
    United States
    After extracting games with wbfs 3.0 all the games have the iso file size of 4.37gb

After zipping them up they are not the same.Now i know doing this makes them smaller but how
    smaller will it make the games?Will the rar file be the same size as the game file on the wbfs drive?
    Because i have zipped up a few games i extracted and thats what it seems to look like.

I just wanna make sure that im doing it correctly.

2. WiiThoko

WiiThoko GBAtemp Fan

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    Use WBFS Intelligent Gui V6. You can extract them as a .ciso file, which is smaller than the ISO.

3. icebrg5
    OP

icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 1, 2007
    United States
    after extracting the iso file and then zipping it to a rar the file then becomes close to the same size as it was if it was on the wbfs drive.

I've tried a few games now and that seems to be whats happening.

Also extracted the files after i rared them and added them back to my drive and they seem to play fine.

I'll stick with this method for now.

4. Jeomite

Jeomite GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2006
    United States
    United States
    How reliable is using .ciso (compressed ISO format)? I want to move my existing archive of backup ISOs to cISO format to reduce hard drive space by a large margin; but obviously, if there's a chance of error or loss of data, I'll think twice... has anyone had any problems with the compressed ISO format yet?

5. TroyTheZombie

TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 3, 2009
    Canada
    Calgary, Canada
    technically, you don't even have to do that. If you have a NTFS formatted drive, just throw them into a compressed folder. they will shrink down to the size they were on the wbfs drive (size on disk)

6. Jeomite

Jeomite GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2006
    United States
    United States
    How long does it take to "compress/copy" when you drag an ISO to compressed NTFS folder? Plus, would it take longer adding a game from PC to WBFS if the folder is compressed? Thanks...