WBFS HDD troubles

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LTK, Dec 12, 2010.

Dec 12, 2010

WBFS HDD troubles by LTK at 4:31 PM (758 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. LTK
    OP

Member LTK GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    This is driving me crazy, I have a partition on my harddrive. I have formatted it to WBFS using WBFS manager, and even tried WBFS game manager. Then when I try to open the drive on my computer it says it needs to be formatted! I have no idea whats wrong with it and it's really annoying.

And yeS I know you put games on by opening them in the WBFS manager, but i need to make sub folders for app and wbfs, and i can't do it without going through my computer.

2. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    You cannot make subfolder on a WBFS drive. Only on FAT / NTFS.

You must use a WBFS manager.

3. LTK
    OP

Member LTK GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    And I am using it. I have added the game to the drives using WBFS manager but they aren't showing up on the wii. So I checked whats the difference between my old HDD (which is still working with my wii) and this new one. And it's the subfolders WBFS and APP.

4. specht

Member specht GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Which means you weren't using a WBFS formatted drive. You were using a FAT32 or NTFS drive with a WBFS folder with games converted to .wbfs files.

I don't know why your new HDD won't work with a WBFS partition but try a FAT32 partition with the WBFS folder.

5. Jaz808

Member Jaz808 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Use WBFS BackUp Manager go to Tools then click Format, you will be asked what Drive and what Format ie: Fat32, NTSF or WBFS
    If you have subfolder (wbfs) on it now then it is Fat32 or Ntfs at the moment