WBFS having less problems?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by dlf, May 20, 2010.

May 20, 2010

WBFS having less problems? by dlf at 3:30 PM (929 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Quickie, any Wii games that work better or have less problems when on a WBFS partition than a FAT or NTFS? I'll give a list in a few hours. Have to go.

2. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    WBFS never had problems...

3. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Depends!

WBFS - works with all loaders, I have had issues with games failing to load (after adding more games to the hard drive) but generally stable, need to use a program to move files from hard drive to hard drive as the format is not recognised by computers.

FAT - only some loaders support it, large files are split (Fat only supports files up to 4GB)

NTFS - write function very poor, GX has issues with the files over 4GB

All however are stable at loading the games.

I use FAT32 as the hard drive can be defragmented, easy to swap files as the computer sees the drive, reliable read and write function

4. afnuke

Member afnuke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I only have used WBFS and never changed, every game has worked for me ......dont see any reason to change something thats not broken.

5. kyle007

Member kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    guy above who says wbfs never had any problems, you've obviously never encountered a bunch of your games corrupting or you'd say otherwise

6. dlf
    OP

Member dlf GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Any specific game that have problems on FAT (or NTFS) that wouldn't happen on WBFS? I've converted most (or all) the games on my WBFS partition to FAT. But if some have problems on FAT, i'll keep some on a small(er) WBFS partition.

Oh and I mostly (if not always) use configurable, if that makes a difference.

7. kyle007

Member kyle007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    it should have exactly the same compatibility, and its good that you switched. There seems to be some people who absolutely refuse to believe that wbfs could have any problems whatsoever.

8. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I had a bad rip of a game within a few weeks of making my WBFS drive, it corrupted at least 1/2 of the 20+ games on the Drive.

Now only use FAT32 (+ Latest CFG Loader)