4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well about a while ago I converted my WD My passport eliet 500GB to WBFS on USB loader GX a couple months ago, but now i cant get it back to a normal format. It does not have a drive number, it wont show up on My Computer and it wont show up on drive manager. I tried everything i could think of and i looked around the internet but no luck. BTW i tried Partition wizard 4.0 and there is 2 games on it. So now im stumped...

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Try going to control panel ->administrative tools -> computer management -> disk management.

From there you should be able to see your drive and assign it a drive letter, or format it.

Edit: Or just go to start -> run and type in 'compmgmt.msc' to get to the computer management screen.

Luckkill4u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Edhel said:
Try going to control panel ->administrative tools -> computer management -> disk management.

From there you should be able to see your drive and assign it a drive letter, or format it.

I already tried that the drive wont show

Is there a possibility of USB Loader GX formatting or telling what drive number it is?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it doesn't show up in the disc managment tool then it's not an issue with format..... It's an issue with the drive not conecting correctly. It should show in the system as an unformatted drive partition. check the cable connecting it to the computer. If nothing else works does it work in the loaders and WBFS managers ect?

Luckkill4u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hells Guardian said:
if it doesn't show up in the disc managment tool then it's not an issue with format..... It's an issue with the drive not conecting correctly. It should show in the system as an unformatted drive partition. check the cable connecting it to the computer. If nothing else works does it work in the loaders and WBFS managers ect?

It does connect to USB loader and a program called Active@ KillDisk but it wont format.

vigilantez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i had a problem today i reinstalled win7 and once i connected the hdd it reconized 2 drives 1 ask to format and other ntfs i installed a few programs and well the wbfs didnt show up anymore but it still worked on the wii

now if this is your problem it's pritty easy to fix if windows does not show you your drive

right click on my computer -> Properties -> Device Manager

now goto Disk Drives on the list expand tree

right click on you usb hdd and Uninstall

once unistall is done

refresh (Scan for Hardware Changes)

and it will work

good luck
smile.gif

Luckkill4u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
vigilantez said:
i had a problem today i reinstalled win7 and once i connected the hdd it reconized 2 drives 1 ask to format and other ntfs i installed a few programs and well the wbfs didnt show up anymore but it still worked on the wii

now if this is your problem it's pritty easy to fix if windows does not show you your drive

right click on my computer -> Properties -> Device Manager

now goto Disk Drives on the list expand tree

right click on you usb hdd and Uninstall

once unistall is done

refresh (Scan for Hardware Changes)

and it will work

good luck
smile.gif

No luck, but thanx anyways. I think this drive is dead... it will be recognised by computer but thats about it... I wiped the whole disk permenatly and it took a very long time, about 15 hours and i still have this stupid problem. I tried WD FAT32 formatter but it has a error in reading drive capacity, so i can't format useing that. It might be a formatting problem.

vigilantez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did you try deleting partions and creating a sinlge 1 then format it NTFS ? and why in the wolrd would you wait 15 hours ? try and find some diagnostic tools for hdd's and check it out also

Luckkill4u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, you can narrow down what the fault is I suppose.

Try a different hard drive in the casing, or try hooking up the hard drive directly to your computer (IDE cable for IDE drive, sata cable for sata) to see if it is detected that way.

should tell which of the 2 are bad. Then, replace whichever one is giving the issue.

you would have to look up how to open your specific casing however.

lolpatrol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you want make sure, your hdd is broken use one of WD's Harddrive tools "Data Lifeguard Diagnostic" for the WD Scorpio Blue series.
I'm not sure it'll function properly through usb, so you might need to open your hdd case and connect the hdd directly through sata to your pc and run the tool.
Also I recommend to use the dos version. If the tool shows that your disc is broken. ---> use your Warranty or get a new Drive.

Try another USB-Port or try to use a Y-wire to start the drive through 2 usbport

Luckkill4u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
lolpatrol said:
If you want make sure, your hdd is broken use one of WD's Harddrive tools "Data Lifeguard Diagnostic" for the WD Scorpio Blue series.
I'm not sure it'll function properly through usb, so you might need to open your hdd case and connect the hdd directly through sata to your pc and run the tool.
Also I recommend to use the dos version. If the tool shows that your disc is broken. ---> use your Warranty or get a new Drive.

Try another USB-Port or try to use a Y-wire to start the drive through 2 usbport
I have one of the older My Passport Elites, not this one. I don't want to open my hard drive case because it could void my warranty and i tried the data Lifeguard Diagnostic and it could not find the hard drive.

Cyclonius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same prob.....Tried it all and nothing but disk errors.....western digital replaced mine for free and did not ask for a receipt or anything they just wanted the serial number and a few other details.

Luckkill4u

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Cyclonius said:
I had the same prob.....Tried it all and nothing but disk errors.....western digital replaced mine for free and did not ask for a receipt or anything they just wanted the serial number and a few other details.
What did you use to get the replacement? I tried the website but they wanted me to send it in specialy boxed and pay $110. BTW my warranty says i one free replacement.

Edit:Nevermind, i dont have to pay $110, it was just the value of the drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/2UeWMgjwogU?si=PfULn0Jf4XpnU6M_ Now I know how to install m.2