Datadrainer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi.
Happy new year 2020 to everybody.

I have softmodded and configured a Wii that is perfectly working using an emuNAND in an external HD with UNEEK+DI redirection, cIOS with any games from any region. But now I want to try using a SD only setup on another wii booting directly to the emuNAND. And everything is working except the emuNAND.
I think I have setting up everything correctly, using a SNEEK build from ModMii and WiiFlow. But as WiiFlow detects the content of the wbfs folder and list it, launching a game return to the System Menu.
So using the SNEEK2O channel launch the emuNAND. But despite working, it doesn't auto-mount the first region compatible wbfs file as it should do.
Using the button 1 on the Wiimote shows only NEEK2O channel and no games stored in the wbfs folder.
I have no GC games and removed any wad I had installed on the emuNAND (except the NEEK2O channel). But for those I tested, they worked.
Console is PAL, emuNAND is PAL and WBFS games are PAL.
The emuNAND is using the settings copied from the host console and uses the same serial number.
So if no games launched from WiiFlow is working, it should be because the emuNand itself does not detect the games.

If you have an idea about what can do that. Please, I'm open to some help from you guys.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Last edited by Datadrainer,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Datadrainer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just a little clarification. Normally the menu from button 1 list the wbfs/iso games, here in my case it lists the channels. That is why I said it shows only NEEK2O channel. So maybe there is a configuration file somewhere to change that behavior.

Datadrainer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just a little clarification. Normally the menu from button 1 list the wbfs/iso games, here in my case it lists the channels. That is why I said it shows only NEEK2O channel. So maybe there is a configuration file somewhere to change that behavior.
So no one to help me...
Despite that, I made some further researches and my conclusion is that a SNEEK configuration cannot load any Wii games because it hasn't the hook redirector (named DI).
How are they interacting? I don't know and that does not help me to understand. But for what I understand, when an emuNAND is running, sneek2o uses the module it is configured for and the sneek2o hack menu shows the corresponding list: fsmodule-xxx.elf looks for the folder /nands/... to find games in NAND and dimodule-xxx.elf looks for the folder /wfsf/...
To resume, SNEEK without DI list the NAND contents of the emuNAND.
That is why ModMii does not allow the creation of an emuNAND able to launch Wii games from an SD card. I maybe wrong but as I cannot get any help from experienced users my test ends here for now.
But if someone with the knowledge can find the courage to help me, he is welcome.

Last edited by Datadrainer,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So no one to help me...
But if someone with the knowledge can find the courage to help me, he is welcome.

Hello.:)

Unfortunately one of the Guy with that Knowledge and Wisdom is no longer available....at the Moment.

@Cyan

Here are 3 Threads of his "Legacy":

https://gbatemp.net/threads/driver-san-francisco-hangs-on-load-screen.389252/#post-5508831

https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1064#post-5884793

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-...properly-utilize-emunand.437521/#post-6592730

(Yes,a LOT to Read.)

Personal I never use this SNEEK/NEEK Thing because of:

Despite that, I made some further researches and my conclusion is that a SNEEK configuration cannot load any Wii games

I hope the Links from Cyan helps you.:)

Good Luck and
Thank you.:)

Reactions: Datadrainer

Datadrainer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@alexander1970
It is I who thank you!
I read many of Cyan's explanations, beginning with its "Wii hacking explained" guide but from your 3 links I only found the 3rd one.
And both the "NEEK INSTALLATION GUIDE" and 'TUTORIAL FOR COMPILING NEEK" seems very very interesting. I'll look at all of that.
Thank you very much for your help again.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.