WBFS causing loss of memory on laptop

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by 3dd, Jul 20, 2010.

Jul 20, 2010
  1. 3dd
    OP

Newcomer 3dd Member

United Kingdom
    Hi everyone my problems are as follows -

1. I had around 30gb of free space on my laptop when I started using WBFS (just a couple of days ago) and it seems that everytime I use it to put a game onto my external hard drive it gets lower and lower even though I'm deleting the iso files once I've put them onto my hard drive, I'm now down to about 14gb and don't know what could be causing it or how to delete whatever it is that is taking up that space.

2. I'm using configurable usb loader to play my games, out of the 9 that I have on there so far only 4 are working without any problems (drive has no sleep mode) these are the games I have and the issues I'm having with them -

Call of duty modern warfare reflex - works perfectly up until I get to the level "death from above" as soon as the loading screen comes up for that level the wii freezes.

Dragonball ROKP - this works fine so far, it freezes on 1st level intro story but if I skip it the rest is fine so this is no issue.

Ferrari challenge - this works fine so far, slow loading but game itself it fine

Ghostbusters - game will freeze but not at particular points in the game nor after a certain amount of time, it just freezes when it wants to.

Mariokart - this works fine so far

Monopoly - this works fine so far

Scarface - game freezes on the 1st level when I cross the bridge to a different area of the city, it's not just me that can't get there even the other cars on the road can't get there either and crash into an invisible wall and fall through the ground.

Splinter cell double agent - the screen comes up with "this game uses the nunchuk" the goes black and just freezes.

Warioware smooth moves - works fine up until I play Jimmy's level then it freezes on the intro, I've tried this one a couple of times and only managed to skip the intro once but then it froze on the ending of his level.

I have tried changing the options on the cfg usb loader for these games on video patch, vidtv, anti 002 fix and have tried running ios 249, 222 mload, 223 mload, 224 mload and 250 but the problems is still the same.

If any body can help me fix these issues it would be much appreciated. I appologise if these have already been answered somewhere I have done a search but can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Edit: i have cfg usb loader v.57b7, wii 4.2E and softmoded it using nus auto downloader btw if thats any help, not sure if you need any other info, if you do let me know. Thanks

2. icebrg5

Member icebrg5 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    This happened to me as well and all i did was use wii backup manager or wbfs manager(can't remember which)to transfer games from one drive to another and by the time i was done the whole laptop hard drive was full.

I ended up using Auslogics Disk Defrag and it cleared up all the free space for me.

Google Auslogics Disk Defrag if you need a download link

3. Wiimm

Member Wiimm Developer

Germany
    get wit tools and try (admin command line needed)
    Code:
    # check wwt
    wwt check -a

# verify all discs (takes time)
    wwt verify -a

4. 3dd
    OP

Newcomer 3dd Member

United Kingdom
    @Icebrg5 - That let me view the files I needed to delete and get the space back so thank you very much for your help.

@Wiimm - Thank you for your help, I will try that at some point later today and let you know the results.

5. 3dd
    OP

Newcomer 3dd Member

United Kingdom
    Wiimm I'm not able to use that tool as I don't have any of those operating systems, any other ideas?

6. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    if you cant get access to a pc running windows or mac os x or linux/unix/bsd
    you wont get happy with wii moding anyway
    Im sorry but I have jet to see a single wii tool for anything else

maybe research virtualisation and emulation of these os

and Im really curious what you are running
    and above all why

7. 3dd
    OP

Newcomer 3dd Member

United Kingdom
    Ok I'm probably just being blonde, I'm using windows vista, I went onto the website and I selected win32, everything else is mac or linux so that would be the one for me is that right? I downloaded the latest version but when I try to load the apps a box pops up and dissapears instantly so I can't do anything, I assumed it just wasn't compatible with vista, have I done something wrong?

8. PsyBlade

Germany
    ah ic
    win32 means 32bit windows

wwt is a commandline tool
    run via
    start > run > cmd
    then type the commands from wiimms post

maybe look if you can find a cli tut first
    id search for: cli command line cmd.exe

dont know about admin rights
    I dont use vista/seven
    but before users were admins by default

9. DaRtHiAn

Newcomer DaRtHiAn Newbie

Chile
    this may sound stupid but it is worth the try ... erase everything in the recycle bin ... i fixed it that way xD

10. 3dd
    OP

Newcomer 3dd Member

United Kingdom
    I've got cmd running as admin but nothing I type from wiimms post is doing anything, is # a represtation of something I'm supposed to type which would differ from different operating systems? sorry to be a pain, I really appreciate your help on this

@DaRtHiAn - thank you for your post but I have solved the memory loss issue

11. PsyBlade

Germany
    the hash signifies a comment in many scripting languages
    no need to type these lines
    before running the commands you need to change to the directory where you extracted wit to

type ":" eg "D:"
    type "cd :\" eg "cd D:\temp\wit\"

then you should be good to go

I think you might want to offer someone who has used cli a few beers to help you in person
    explaining such things with no initial knowlede is kinda hard

edit: frikin smilies

12. 3dd
    OP

Newcomer 3dd Member

United Kingdom
    I typed that in like you said and I get -
    "wit: Wiims ISO Tool v1.10a r1386 cygwyn - Dirk Clemens - 2010-07-15
    Visit http://wit.wiimm.de/wit for more info.
    -> Type 'wit -h', 'wit help' or 'wit help command' for more help"

and it just goes back to what it was like before so typing those other commands still don't do anything, I also tried the help commands aswell and they didn't do anything either, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for your help anyway PsyBlade, I think I will try to find someone who wants a couple of beers lol I will post in the wit forum and hopefully find a volenteer, I could do with someone who can do a video call with me that would be so much easier