WB reveals Gotham Knights as the latest Batman game

As promised, DC has revealed the latest game to use the Batman license. The title is Gotham Knights, and it will release sometime in 2021. In the reveal trailer, various superheroes from the Batman universe appear, such as Red Hood, Nightwing, Batgirl, and Robin, who must protect the city from Gotham's villians following the assumed death of Bruce Wayne. A second trailer shows off the gameplay, where Batgirl faces off against Mr. Freeze, using series-typical stealth, physical combat, and gadgets.

The developers of the game describe that players will be able to take on missions in a variety of ways, through the different playstyles of each of the characters. WB Montreal is in charge of development of this game, while the upcoming Suicide Squad title is being made by Rocksteady, the team behind the previous Batman Arkham series.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, four playable characters?

I had no idea where they were gonna go after the last one. I thought they might try a different to do someone like Superman or Green Lantern!

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT PREORDER FOR PC !!!
It took almost 2 years after release for the last game to be playable on PC!
Console version might be fine ... knock yourselves out, I don't give a s***!

you beat everyone to it. Correction, it took 2 years to get an semi-affordable gpu that could handle Batman semi-stable. But yea that game was never optimized and they took it down from the store for a bit. I remember that.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Oh hell yes, never thought we'd see a playable Red Hood. Wonder how his story will compare and contrast with the rest of the characters...you wouldn't think most of them would be down with him running around shooting bad guys.

Game is definitely looking pretty choppy at the moment though, I'll be waiting on reviews to let us know how it performs.

Last edited by Xzi,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another shoddy DCEU reboot. Hard to see them make another game off the same engine and graphics style and have it be of another 'universe', its confusing. I doubt it'll be optimized well. Graphics are also outdated. Its too bad they didnt freshen anything up. At least Barbara Gordon will be playable, her character model looked fantastic, although a bit unrealistically skinny. All the other character models looks clunky though especially Dick Grayson, who is supposed to be the most athletic gymnast the world never saw (standing quadruple backflip... i think). Not sure if that was Red Hood or Red Robin, or Red Robin amd Damian Wayne, too confusing. Although its for sure damian wayne because of the Owls. I'll end up buying it for sure though, sadly.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hell yes, never thought we'd see a playable Red Hood. Wonder how his story will compare and contrast with the rest of the characters...you wouldn't think most of them would be down with him running around shooting bad guys.

Game is definitely looking pretty choppy at the moment though, I'll be waiting on reviews to let us know how it performs.

There was a quick DLC mission (like, 1 sneaking section and then a boss fight that had me punching the guy constantly, countering whoever kept respawning as they came in to attack) for him, and that was it in Arkham Knight. He did seem badass while it lasted!

Reactions: RyRyIV and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
All the other character models looks clunky though especially Dick Grayson, who is supposed to be the most athletic gymnast the world never saw (standing quadruple backflip... i think). Not sure if that was Red Hood or Red Robin, or Red Robin amd Damian Wayne, too confusing. Although its for sure damian wayne because of the Owls. I'll end up buying it for sure though, sadly.
Pretty sure Grayson is Nightwing, no? Damian is the youngest and thus the newest Robin.

There was a quick DLC mission (like, 1 sneaking section and then a boss fight that had me punching the guy constantly, countering whoever kept respawning as they came in to attack) for him, and that was it in Arkham Knight. He did seem badass while it lasted!
I still have yet to play Arkham Knight. Guess I should get on that.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: nxwing

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another shoddy DCEU reboot. Hard to see them make another game off the same engine and graphics style and have it be of another 'universe', its confusing. I doubt it'll be optimized well. Graphics are also outdated. Its too bad they didnt freshen anything up. At least Barbara Gordon will be playable, her character model looked fantastic, although a bit unrealistically skinny. All the other character models looks clunky though especially Dick Grayson, who is supposed to be the most athletic gymnast the world never saw (standing quadruple backflip... i think). Not sure if that was Red Hood or Red Robin, or Red Robin amd Damian Wayne, too confusing. Although its for sure damian wayne because of the Owls. I'll end up buying it for sure though, sadly.
why the actual hell would you buy a game that you think is shoddy

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was implied crime was controlled at the end of arkham knight due to scarecrows fear toxin?

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure Grayson is Nightwing, no? Damian is the youngest and thus the newest Robin.

I still have yet to play Arkham Knight. Guess I should get on that.

im sure this is a reboot. I commented without knowing there was a second video on gameplay. Yea Dick Grayson is the original Robin who later when to do his own thing as NightWing.

commenting on the gameplay. Why are all action games doubling with level systems and numbers and stats now?... its dumb. Looks like they mixed Arkham Knight with Fortnite graphics yuck...

why the actual hell would you buy a game that you think is shoddy

I used to be a fan of DC stuff but now I just buy the stuff on impulse hoping it would be good. The Telltale series was decent. I like to see what stories they tell on how its told/executed. Most of all DC stuff in the past 7 years have all been bad. Ive been conditioned to just buy or watch anything DC since 1993 like one of Pavlov's Dogs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: