WB Announces Batman: Return to Arkham for PS4 and Xbox One

Hit Videogames Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City Remastered Using Unreal Engine 4 and Bundled Into One Package

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Batman: Return to Arkham. The new title bundles Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City, two of the most critically acclaimed videogames on the last generation of gaming consoles. Both are being remastered for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One using Unreal Engine 4, a first for the award winning Batman: Arkham series. Remastered by Virtuos, this set offers fans a chance to play the first two Batman: Arkham titles including all Game of the Year edition bonus and downloadable content from both games, now with improved graphics, as well as upgraded models, environments, lighting, effects and shaders. Batman: Return to Arkham will be available beginning July 29 for a suggested retail price of £39.99.

Batman: Arkham Asylum is where it all began. Originally developed by Rocksteady Studios and released in 2009, the game pushed the envelope for action, adventure and super hero games and exposed players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure taking them to the depths of Arkham Asylum. Featuring an original story, gamers can move in the shadows, instill fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City's most notorious villains, including Harley Quinn, Bane, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy and Scarecrow, who have taken over the asylum.

Batman: Arkham City is Rocksteady Studios’ 2011 follow-up to Batman: Arkham Asylum. The game builds upon the intense, atmospheric foundation of Batman: Arkham Asylum, sending players soaring through the expansive Arkham City – the maximum security “home” for all of Gotham City’s thugs, gangsters and insane criminal masterminds. Featuring an incredible Rogues Gallery of Gotham City’s most dangerous criminals including Catwoman, The Joker, The Riddler, Two-Face, Harley Quinn, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze and many others, the game allows players to experience what it feels like to be The Dark Knight and deliver justice to those confined within Arkham City.

Reactions: BurningDesire

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Origin being included would of had me sold but £40 for two games i (and most people) have played just seems like a cheap cash-in. Even with all the DLC included it just doesnt feel worth it.

Reactions: nxwing

dmace81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe its cuz I don't own any xbox or ps3/ps4 but that looks like the same graphics and everything. I see no difference. lol Why the remake if the originals were so well done? They should of just made a new game and improved on what the other 2 did.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought this was a new Batman game. I guess this is useful for me, having never owned the previous gen consoles, and wanting incentive to get the current gen ones.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Maybe its cuz I don't own any xbox or ps3/ps4 but that looks like the same graphics and everything. I see no difference. lol Why the remake if the originals were so well done? They should of just made a new game and improved on what the other 2 did.
That new game was Arkham Knight. It was a good game, at least on the console side of gaming. It left quite a bad taste on PC becuase of the shitty porting. They couldn't possibly mae a new game because Arkham Knight was the closing for the Arkham saga. They still need money and this is their solution which may or may not work

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not by a lot.
Then maybe It's just me but the difference between unreal 3 and unreal 4 on PC is pretty pronounced in terms of graphics and lighting. Although at the end of the day it'll be up to the devs to decide how far they'll go in terms of touching up the not so old series.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Then maybe It's just me but the difference between unreal 3 and unreal 4 on PC is pretty pronounced in terms of graphics and lighting. Although at the end of the day it'll be up to the devs to decide how far they'll go in terms of touching up the not so old series.

Well yeah the difference between the two engines is kinda big, but if the trailer actually shows the remastered games, I can tell the difference from the originals is very little.

Reactions: Daggot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated