Ways to use USB drives to play games

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by NicholasJames2378, Jan 16, 2013.

?

Have you modded your PS2?

1. Yes :)

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. NicholasJames2378
    OP

NicholasJames2378 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2013
    United States
    I would like to use the PS2's USB ports to play game backups off of my flash drive. Can anyone help me? I need to know any and all ways you guys can tell me about how to do it. Also, are there any completely free ways? I have a PS2 SCPH 90001 (Date Code 8C) and 2 blank DVD-R disks I can use. I also have a 32MB memory card available to me. Thanks. Free ways are appreciated, but I will try anything.

2. pokefloote

pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    Easiest way is to find someone you can trust to install FCMB to a memory card for you. You can also do this yourself but it's a little tricky sometimes and requires you to own a game that can be used for the exploit.

Info to do it yourself can be found here: http://freemcboot.info/

After that, you just need OPL (Open PS2 Loader) and boom, USB loading. When I am not loading games from a network, I have a partition of my hard drive dedicated to PS2 backups.

3. xist

xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

Jul 14, 2008
    An 8c PS2 SCPH 9xxxxx isn't FMCB compatible. You'll need to chip it.

4. kristianity77

kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

Jul 10, 2003
    Bewdley, UK
    Ive had a look at a few compatibility lists for this open loader but they seem a bit light on information. Anyone have this who can shed any light on whether compatibility is high? Ive got a fat ps2 sat doing nothing thats fully working and wouldnt mind getting hold of a few games and running them from hard drive

5. Tuddles

Tuddles GBAtemp Regular

Mar 29, 2007
    Canada
    yup he is 100% right only thing to do is install a modchip as your unit is too new. Be cheaper to buy a used ps2 then a modchip probley