Ways to boot into classic mode EmuNAND without card/internet

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JacktheTrainer, May 8, 2015.

1. JacktheTrainer
    OP

JacktheTrainer Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    I understand that booting into classic mode emuNAND on the O3DS requires the Gateway cart to swap, rxtools with internet, regionFOUR with cubic ninja/sky3ds, and some others. Are there any known ways to access the emuNAND without needing any cartridge or internet to play retail games on (and possibly be region free like in Gateway classic mode) or are those the only options? It's not a necessity, but it would be kinda convenient if I could play retail without having to set up every time I want to switch. I apologize if this question is a bit redundant.

2. Garou

Garou GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2015
    no, you have to switch every time. maybe with cfw you can, but not with gateway (not that I know of)
    but if you're using old 3ds, switching isn't that hard. it needs only 5 steps to switch between classic and gateway mode

1. open settings
    2. close (kick back to sysnand)
    3. open browser, it will automatically open your latest page (go exploit)
    if you want to use classic mode
    (4. hold L)
    (5. choose classic mode)

Arcanuskun likes this.
  3. Neptune

Neptune GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 7, 2003
    United States
    Internet
    I think they stopped allowing classic mode without the GW card. I haven't been able to boot classic mode without the card in awhile. Just black screens.

4. Arkansaw

Arkansaw GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 23, 2005
    Trinidad and Tobago
    rxtools on 4.x, no card needed (just not region free)

5. pakrett

pakrett GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 6, 2015
    France
    exact...