WayForward would like to make a Metroid Game

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Lurker2, Nov 17, 2012.

Nov 17, 2012
  1. Lurker2
    OP

Banned Lurker2 Banned!

United States
    Source
    They have used the same formula when making games which hasn't always turned out well but a 3DS or DS game using the classic side scrolling action of Metroid would be great. Not that Metroid Prime was bad but the it is sort of like Mario where they should have both gameplay types.

Rasas likes this.
  2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I'd rather have the Henry Hatsworth/Monster Tale guys do it, Monster Tale was the best Metroid game on the DS.

emigre and Punyman like this.
  3. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    I really don't know, WayForward's stuff hasn't really appealed to me yet, but I've yet to get Shantae, and Adventure Time hasn't been released yet, but the Mighty series never felt very fun to me..

4. Geren

Member Geren GBAtemp Regular

El Salvador
    YEEEEEEEEES! It's been years since fusion. As long as a good developer is involved in the making of a metroid platformer, my metroid thirst shall be satisfied.

yes we need a nice metroid game to erase the last game experience (that topic has been discussed many times in many different places) but the main point in a statement likes this, is that there's interest (even if it isn't from nintendo themselves) in do another metroid, so there's hope that the series won't end up like f-zero...

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Nah, I'd rather they stick with their own titles. I'd rather see Retro keep with the franchise, they aced it with MP1 & MP3...of course I want Retro to do fucking everything.

By the way, nothing will come of this AT ALL!

Again, they should stick to their own stuff. Reviews for their Epic Mickey 3DS title indicates mediocrity. I hope they are wrong, though to be honest the Castle of Illusion etc titles weren't all that in the first place and doing throwbacks to those eras on the 3DS retail game is a bad idea if you think about it.

6. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I'd rather go WayForward than way back with Team Ninja.

Punyman and Guild McCommunist like this.
  7. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland

They certainly have the music, smooth animation and dark corridors covered. Why the heck not? If Nintendo won't do it, let WayForward do it.

8. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I don't think WayForward making a Metroid game would be dreadful.

9. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    I am totally fan of WayForward's 2D art ever sicne Shantae DSi. So a Metroid of them? Take my money!! Though, must be 2D!

10. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    I have to agree with Guild here. I'm not sure about WayForward, but the guys who made Monster Tale did a stellar job of making a metroid-like game. The art style was a bit different, but the gameplay was great. They could probably handle an actual Metroid game pretty well.