Wayforward hired to assist development on Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

533097-bloodstained.jpg

A new Kickstarter message has gone out to backers of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. The latest development for the game involves producer Koji Igarashi hiring on another developer, Wayforward, to help the current team "realize [the] vision for the game". Wayforward is most well known for a side-scrolling series partly similar to Bloodstained, in the form of Shantae. Igarashi stated that he hopes that bringing Wayforward on board will improve Bloodstained as a whole, and that their added assistance will also help fix any remaining bugs.

In consideration of their past achievements, WayForward will be helping the development team realize my vision for this game. Maybe I am even more excited than everyone else - with their help Bloodstained will become an even better game.

:arrow: Source

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, WayForward also has experience in crowdfunded games, not only Shantae, but also Mighty No. 9 wouldn't have been possible without their effort.

Must commend IGA on calling for help only one year after the initial release date estimate.

Last edited by sarkwalvein, , Reason: The amount of smartphone swipe keyboard-style mistakes is amusing.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, WayForward also has experience in crowdfunded games, not only Shantae, bit also Mighty No. 9 wouldn't have been possible without their effort.

Must commend IGA on calling for help only once year after three initial release date estimate.

I think you should have stopped at Shantae.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, hopefully the game doesn't turn out garbage. At least Curse of the Moon is really solid even if it does.
That's cause INTI CREATES. :yay:

Still I hope this game is fun. Honestly, adding wayforward isn't something I'm 100% comfortable with. They do have some good games, and I said some. Even as popular as shantae series is, still struggles with things with only four games currently and Pirates curse being my personal favorite. Unlike their licensed games such as Double Dragon Neon, Ducktales Remaster, Contra 4 or that Mummy returns Demake, which are fine, there is whole ton of other ones from deeper into the past that aren't as much.

Reactions: Xzi

grey72

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The demo was aight, so I hope this doesn't go the way of mighty no.9
Also cuz I ain't paying Konami shit if they come out with another Castlevania

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
wasn't inti creates involved in the development of the main game from te beginning?? I wouldn't be surprised if they told iga to bring wayforward as they have worked together and know well what they can do to assist and finish the game.
and for what I've just read, inti was struggling to work with unreal engine 4. I don't know if wayforward has already worked with ue4, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Reactions: mario5555

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
That's cause INTI CREATES. :yay:

Still I hope this game is fun. Honestly, adding wayforward isn't something I'm 100% comfortable with. They do have some good games, and I said some. Even as popular as shantae series is, still struggles with things with only four games currently and Pirates curse being my personal favorite. Unlike their licensed games such as Double Dragon Neon, Ducktales Remaster, Contra 4 or that Mummy returns Demake, which are fine, there is whole ton of other ones from deeper into the past that aren't as much.
Inti made prequel game, not the game

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds like a very smart move that is entirely devoted to the quality of the project. Wayforward knows their stuff.
It's pretty unlikely this NEEDED to happen, and i'm sure it wasn't cheap. Thus it really just shows Igarashi is very passionate about delivering the absolute best product he can, which isn't very common these days.

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inti made prequel game, not the game

He was talking about Curse of The Moon :blink:

They were on Ritual of the Night before being released on that project to then work on Curse of The Moon after because they were in FACT having issues with development with the Unreal 4 engine.

#just the facts

Sakitoshi was mostly correct with what was said. Just wanted to clear that up as it seems there was confusion since Inti Creates was involved with BOTH projects in some capacity. :wink:

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry to sound negative here, but I have a feeling this is only going to delay the project even further...The new team (WayForward) will have to first familiarize themselves with the project, which is going to take time...That being said, WayForward has proven themselves before, so hopefully they do have the pedigree to tackle this project.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday